Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antichrist
    replied
    how do you go about getting the army to recognise the qualification?

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    Originally posted by luchi View Post
    THere are a few on this board that know a NCO of my unit that works for the DFB and has been involved in training of PDFambulance crews. Howeve when asked about transfering to the medics he was told that he would have to do "the army" course before they could recognise his qualifications.

Amazing but true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats true. My cousin is cadre in a med coy and he told me that although the army will now recognise EMT/Paramedic qualifications, you cannot transfer into the Meds and take up a position of an EMT in the company without first doing their skills course!

Stupid huh??:confused:

Leave a comment:

• dahamster
    replied
    Originally posted by luchi View Post
    THere are a few on this board that know a NCO of my unit that works for the DFB and has been involved in training of PDFambulance crews. Howeve when asked about transfering to the medics he was told that he would have to do "the army" course before they could recognise his qualifications.

that is nothing new, you always have to do star tests to be army qualified across all tech grades.

Leave a comment:

• antichrist
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback lads.

Leave a comment:

• luchi
    replied
    Originally posted by Liachta Cultaca View Post
    I have never seen anyone qualifications officially recognised

Leave a comment:

• Liachta Cultaca
    replied
    I have never seen anyone qualifications officially recognised

You would need to contact the Director of Medical Corp office

If you want to instruct you would need to have instructor qualifications.

PM me if you need further info.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    Not sure what the story is if you have the qualification before joining (you probably have to do 3* Medic & Ambulance Skills etc courses.

The old EMT (now Paramedic) was - the DF sent personnel to the Dublin Fire Brigade Training Centre/National Ambulance Training School.

Leave a comment:

• antichrist
    started a topic Qs for the Medics

Qs for the Medics

Is a civillian EMT or PARAMEDIC qualification (phecc registered) recognised by the army within the RDF?
    If so, how do you become recognised?
    Thanks.
Working...
X