Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REMF Split from Cookhouse woes

Originally posted by Docman View Post
    Still there, big time, but tends to be the REMF types only. Then again, that is a problem in every army.

wanna clarify what you mean by remf???

i personally had the displeasure of being verbally abused by an inf Coy Sgt who was bitch and moan like a child, because he didnt have a knife/fork, which was funny because he didnt have his food yet, and there was 100 ptes/rec, doin there Pl assessments standin behind him.....

last time i ever volunteered to give the Bns a dig out,
    Last edited by Docman; 30 January 2009, 00:26.
    But there's no danger
    It's a professional career
    Though it could be arranged
    With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
    If you're out of luck you're out of work
    We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Originally posted by turbocalves View Post
    REMF - Rear Echelon Mother F*&^%$s

Basically the guys who sleep in air conditioned rooms with beds while others freeze in sleeping bags on the ground.

Brits call them REMFs, not sure what the US Army call them - have heard Pogues (People other than Grunts)

Comment

i personally had the displeasure of being verbally abused by an inf Coy Sgt who was bitch and moan like a child, because he didnt have a knife/fork, which was funny because he didnt have his food yet, and there was 100 ptes/rec, doin there Pl assessments standin behind him.....

last time i ever volunteered to give the Bns a dig out,

Hes what you call a PRICK, there everywhere, just smile and be overly polite back, they hate it.
      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Basically the guys who sleep in air conditioned rooms with beds while others freeze in sleeping bags on the ground.

Brits call them REMFs, not sure what the US Army call them - have heard Pogues (People other than Grunts)
        R.E.M.F. is an American term dating to the Vietnam period and not British

not to be confused with the British R.E.M.E. (Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers).

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

(goin off thread a bit)

i know what a remf is...

i asked what YOU meant by remf,

because i remember a certain ex, where the arty slept in trenches (incl, a comdt) in the freezing cold, whilst the rest of the Bde (inf, mp's, lsb, medics, cav etc etc etc) stayed in billets,

so i'll clarify, and put into context, in relation to the reserves what is a remf????
          But there's no danger

Comment

DOnt confuse REMF- PONTI- POGS and even MPS

with those who are not cinsdered fit to be allowed indoors
            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

cav
              Check out the role of cavalry before throwing them in the REMF pool

More often 'up the front with the grunts' rather in the 'rear with the gear'.
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                Check out the role of cavalry before throwing them in the REMF pool

More often 'up the front with the grunts' rather in the 'rear with the gear'.

re read my post, i know what the role of the cav is...

i pointed out the even the "grunts" and the the rest of the Bde stayed in nice warm billets...

where as the arty (who inf types consider to be remfs) stayed out in the cold in sleeping bags,
                But there's no danger

Comment

iso i'll clarify, and put into context, in relation to the reserves what is a remf????

I'm sick & tired of this BS. "oh We stayed out on the ground so we are superior". Total crap. You can't use anecdotes and one off incidents that noone else knows or cares about. You don't know the circumstances of what happened but you want to pull the usual "Oh We're great" crap that you would expect from a recruit. Same thing with the BTC/Bde/Corp mud throwing - it is all infantile crap.
                  I could put your crap story into 20 different contexts that would make you look like complete idiots and tossers and another 20 that could make you out to be heroes and hard men.
                  Leg pulling and inter service rivalry is always good but not this infantile crap.

As for who am I talking about - already answered. You know whom I'm talking about.
                  Last edited by Docman; 30 January 2009, 19:41.

Comment

i know what a remf is...

i asked what YOU meant by remf,

because i remember a certain ex, where the arty slept in trenches (incl, a comdt) in the freezing cold, whilst the rest of the Bde (inf, mp's, lsb, medics, cav etc etc etc) stayed in billets,

so i'll clarify, and put into context, in relation to the reserves what is a remf????
                    Twas a grand weekend, in the nice warm billets, have fond memories of spending one of the nights on radio watch trying not to fall asleep because of the warmth

at least the weather wasn't too bad for it, no rain from what I can remember
                    courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                      no rain from what I can remember
                      Christ, you must have a long memory!

Comment

I'm sick & tired of this BS. "oh We stayed out on the ground so we are superior". Total crap. You can't use anecdotes and one off incidents that noone else knows or cares about. You don't know the circumstances of what happened but you want to pull the usual "Oh We're great" crap that you would expect from a recruit. Same thing with the BTC/Bde/Corp mud throwing - it is all infantile crap.
                        I could put your crap story into 20 different contexts that would make you look like complete idiots and tossers and another 20 that could make you out to be heroes and hard men.
                        Leg pulling and inter service rivalry is always good but not this infantile crap.

As for who am I talking about - already answered. You know whom I'm talking about.

aw somebody has sand in his lady garden,
                        But there's no danger

Comment

Originally posted by womble View Post
                          Twas a grand weekend, in the nice warm billets, have fond memories of spending one of the nights on radio watch trying not to fall asleep because of the warmth

at least the weather wasn't too bad for it, no rain from what I can remember

the only rain that weekend was when we did the big who wants to send money to chad parade....
                          But there's no danger

Comment

In fairness Docman, you're the one who first started making implications about "remf types". If you didn't want people taking offence you shouldn't have said it.

Comment

aw somebody has sand in his lady garden
                              maybe afew nights on the ground might cool him off..or maybe he is on the ground in all this crap weather.
                              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                              X