Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DeV View Post

    Unfortunately a sizeable proportion of the electorate will have other ideas.
    They never cared about what the electorate wanted, short of getting them elected.
    German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
    German 2: Private? I am a general!
    German 1: That is the bad news.

    Comment


    • Chief of staff addressed the 2 BDE RDF PNCO course via Zoom recently. Good things by all accounts.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

      "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

      Comment


      • Big things will come from COD for the RDF, lets just hope the remaining members will buy in.

        Comment


        • P OFFICER and 2 Bde PNCO tentatively approved field phase by General Staff, see members area
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

          "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

          Comment


          • So, one that has been on my mind over the P Office course currently ongoing in the RDF. I was under the impression that one had to be 35 or younger at time of commissioning, as this course has gone on a year longer than initially intended (hopefully there's been ongoing distance learning to cover more material from the comparable PDF syllabus), if someone is going to be 36, is that them done now? No commission I mean.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ODIN View Post
              So, one that has been on my mind over the P Office course currently ongoing in the RDF. I was under the impression that one had to be 35 or younger at time of commissioning, as this course has gone on a year longer than initially intended (hopefully there's been ongoing distance learning to cover more material from the comparable PDF syllabus), if someone is going to be 36, is that them done now? No commission I mean.
              It is under 35 (45 for university graduates) on date of interview


              recruitment wise;
              for ex PDF it is on date of “offering themselves for enlistment”

              for joe Bloggs it is “to be eligible for enlistment .... not more than 35..” but doesn’t specify when (attestation or offering themselves for enlistment?)
              Last edited by DeV; 15 April 2021, 12:20.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DeV View Post

                It is under 35 (45 for university graduates) on date of interview


                recruitment wise;
                for ex PDF it is on date of “offering themselves for enlistment”

                for joe Bloggs it is “to be eligible for enlistment .... not more than 35..” but doesn’t specify when (attestation or offering themselves for enlistment?)
                Do we know if there are any on the course who were over 35 at the point they interviewed? Have these commissions above the age of 35 been common for those with degrees or other useful qualifications?

                Comment


                • I'm surprised there was anyone left in the Army reserve who was under 35 and not yet an officer.
                  German 1: Private Schnutz, I have bad news for you.
                  German 2: Private? I am a general!
                  German 1: That is the bad news.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

                    Do we know if there are any on the course who were over 35 at the point they interviewed? Have these commissions above the age of 35 been common for those with degrees or other useful qualifications?
                    We do
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

                      We do
                      Will assume yes then so!

                      Comment


                      • Annoyingly the COVID levels are now in flux so we need to wait for the word from on high
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                        "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X