X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder the same...

Comment

• Some training is being allowed on a pilot basis

Does anyone know what level we are actually in?

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
        Soon those who could not give time or could not attend during op fortitude will be back.
        IE: Tea drinkers and wasters who couldn't give a dig out when the PDF REALLY REALLY needed them but will show up now to play dress up and go to the range with the taxpayer funded shooting club. When the chips were down a sizeable chunk of my units reservists busted their balls to help out(and still are) and did more to break down the us and them BS than anyone who had gone before them. And that won't be forgotten. Of course a even bigger chunk were nowhere to be found unless it involved them doing something Gucci and if it wasn't what they expected they disappeared again.

That won't be forgotten either.
        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• NSR have FFT starting tomorrow.

Comment

• Unless theres a change to the guidance in revision 12 I dont know how its happening
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
              Unless theres a change to the guidance in revision 12 I dont know how its happening
              GOC/FOCNS can issue dispensations as decided, apparently there have been a good few issued in 1 Bde over the last few months

“1 Bde RDF pilot induction programme is approved and can commence.”

Comment

• GOC/FOCNS can issue dispensations as decided, apparently there have been a good few issued in 1 Bde over the last few months
                That 1 Bde program is approved at DFHQ level. apart from that and 2 career courses nothing is yet allowed for RDF that isn't mission essential. Lets see what V13 says when it comes out.
                Last edited by trellheim; 10 June 2021, 11:25.

Comment

That 1 Bde program is approved at DFHQ level. apart from that and 2 career courses nothing is yet allowed for RDF that isn't mission essential. Lets see what V13 says when it comes out.
                  It’s a case by case basis

it is up to the individual GOC who can issue a derogation

Comment

• Your example proves my point. That is in aid to some PDF career course. It is not RDF routine training or parade nights. Personally I've been pushing people through regimentals, exercises, several PDF courses and the like, all as per requests from PDF. But the RDF itself cannot train, parade, or recruit at the moment.
                    Last edited by trellheim; 10 June 2021, 15:08.

Comment

Your example proves my point. That is in aid to some PDF career course. It is not RDF routine training or parade nights. Personally I've been pushing people through regimentals, exercises, several PDF courses and the like, all as per requests from PDF. But the RDF itself cannot train, parade, or recruit at the moment.
                      I don’t know exactly what but GOC 1 Bde has given multiple derogations

1 Bde is been given approval to recruit

Comment

• The 5th Army Reserve Potential Officers Course returned to physical training last weekend with lessons on troop leadership, battle preparation and ...

Comment

• From Cathal Berry TD Facebook yesterday:

Great to meet Chief of Staff in McKee Bks today to discuss a wide-range of issues still affecting the Defence Forces.

Big week for Defence in the Dáil next week:
                          - RACO before the Oireachtas Committee on Defence on Tuesday.
                          - Defence Questions with Minister Coveney on Tuesday.
                          - Legislation allowing RDF personnel to deploy overseas for training, sport, ceremonial & operations also likely to pass on Wednesday.

Comment

• The amendments have still not been published to allow this.
                            Act to amend the Defence Act 1954, the Defence (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1960, the Defence (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 1979 and the Defence (Amendment) Act 2006; and to provide for related matters.

Comment

• defence bill amendments are up https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireac...2a20d-drnl.pdf

Comment

Working...
                              X