No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im pretty sure vetting will slow it down unless they have given it more manpower but maybe they are real about supporting recruitment in the AR. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
      Im pretty sure vetting will slow it down unless they have given it more manpower but maybe they are real about supporting recruitment in the AR. Time will tell.
      Can't understand how everyone, EVERYONE except the DF (when it comes to reserve) can get vetting turned around in weeks. Perhaps the delay is not vetting, but physically getting the applications to the vetting unit, and getting the vetting unit responses back to the applicants unit.
      For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• This problem is largely solved and quick. The proof will lie in Medicals
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• How quick is vetting AGS applicant's. Anyone

Comment

How quick is vetting AGS applicant's. Anyone
            Takes longer because not just the candidate being vetted, everyone on the relative list is vetted too.

Comment

• Is that the same for DF applicants? Faster can it be. GAA is about two weeks, surely DF applicants can be as quick.

Comment

How quick is vetting AGS applicant's. Anyone
                Think it was previously flagged somewhere (RDFRA I think) that when a huge crib went in about the length of time recruitment was taking, DF said the delay was with Garda vetting. Which was all well and good until the Gardaí, when asked, said that vetting turnaround for the DF was 2 weeks
                "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Think it was previously flagged somewhere (RDFRA I think) that when a huge crib went in about the length of time recruitment was taking, DF said the delay was with Garda vetting. Which was all well and good until the Gardaí, when asked, said that vetting turnaround for the DF was 2 weeks
                  That's my experience also. It sits on someone's desk in DF/DoD for months before and after going to the vetting unit.

Comment

• Isn't the new recruitment drive based around the fast track program they were trying out in some part of the country? The CoDF report mentions it somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

That's my experience also. It sits on someone's desk in DF/DoD for months before and after going to the vetting unit.
                      Which vetting unit though?

Recent announcement from AGS concerning new Security Vetting for Airside Passes, were it says the "Standard Background Checks" are done by Garda National Vetting Bureau (in 7 to 8 Working Days) while the “Enhanced Background Check” is done by the "Security Vetting Unit within the Garda National Crime & Security Intelligence Service" (with no estimate on turn arounds). I would assume it would be a similar process for the DF as well??
                      It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                      It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                      It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                      It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTU View Post

Recent announcement from AGS concerning new Security Vetting for Airside Passes, were it says the "Standard Background Checks" are done by Garda National Vetting Bureau (in 7 to 8 Working Days) while the “Enhanced Background Check” is done by the "Security Vetting Unit within the Garda National Crime & Security Intelligence Service" (with no estimate on turn arounds). I would assume it would be a similar process for the DF as well??
                        The “enhanced background check” is a requirement due to an EU directive specifically for aviation

aviation security managers bank accounts are also checked for any suspicious transactions

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

The “enhanced background check” is a requirement due to an EU directive specifically for aviation

aviation security managers bank accounts are also checked for any suspicious transactions
                          Such checks have been standard for years in the UK, for certain jobs requiring Security Clearance (and not just in Airports), why am I not surprised it would take a EU directive for Ireland to do the same. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...earance-levels
                          Based on previous experience the process took around 6-8 weeks.
                          It was the year of fire...the year of destruction...the year we took back what was ours.
                          It was the year of rebirth...the year of great sadness...the year of pain...and the year of joy.
                          It was a new age...It was the end of history.
                          It was the year everything changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTU View Post

All I can say it was Airside pass vetting I have done with all areas access airside (no driving). Never took more than a few weeks. I couldn't see why the DF vetting would not be in at the same level.

Comment

• Any idea how the recruitment is going. My unit is keeping a tight lip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

Money as an incentive is 'dirty' but I think a gratuity of even 2000 euro would be a game changer for increasing engagement and meeting of KPIs.
                                Why? If you're going to provide a service at the cost of your time, should you not be compensated for it?
                                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

Working...
                                X