The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    What does RDFRA have to do with day-to-day operational and training matters ? zip . One point I am concerned about here is the ATED discussion. While the ATED exists and is required , some of which you mention, individuals in the reserve at the lower end rarely need to worry about what goes into it , TRRs, unit commitments and so on are normally in stone well in advance so people can plan.
    If RDF are looking at 1 up and 2 up, like they should be, they would be very interested in TED. As you say they can plan, my is they should be using it as a tool to better their outputs and increase interest and activity. There are others this is just one example. RDFFRA can get involved when course notifications are not complete causing RDF to lose out in training and they also have to book time off work to attend.

Comment

• RDFFRA can get involved when course notifications are not complete causing RDF to lose out in training and they also have to book time off work to attend.
      These are not RDFRA matters for representation. Does no-one read regulations ?

I should add that commanders should look at the ATED to ensure for example that their companies/batteries etc get the trained people in the LSW/driving/whatever skills they need on a rolling basis . Anyone else can take a look to see perhaps what courses they may want to go for but not mandatory . This is nothing to do with RDF tho and is the same across the military.. Still need to watch the unit noticeboard tho
      Last edited by trellheim; 12 April 2022, 17:20.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

What point are you trying to make ? RDFRA have no role in the notification of courses .
        Didn’t say they did

you mentioned RDFRA I was guessing

Comment

These are not RDFRA matters for representation. Does no-one read regulations ?

I should add that commanders should look at the ATED to ensure for example that their companies/batteries etc get the trained people in the LSW/driving/whatever skills they need on a rolling basis . Anyone else can take a look to see perhaps what courses they may want to go for but not mandatory . This is nothing to do with RDF tho and is the same across the military.. Still need to watch the unit noticeboard tho

the ATED isn’t the advertisement of a course, it is for planning purposes only and you can’t apply for any course until the Calling Notice/JIs are issued

it isn’t explicitly in the scope of representation a lot of things aren’t but that is up to the DF/DoD to say outside of scope and there the discussion ends. Could be argued that people are being done a on “

If something is outside the scope of representation, DoD/DF will just refuse to discuss it unless RDFRA can argue that it is.

For example, “systems and general criteria governing promotion” (people not being notified of career courses that are required for promotion) or “the administration of pay, allowances and gratuities” (people unable to be paid on time due to lack of notice).

not sure why you made the point on RDFRA

But one thing is for sure, notification of courses has gone from bad to worse

Comment

• I didnt start the RDFRA point; they might be able to make a representation IF management are in a mood to listen but no obligation but thats it , no c&a for us . Neither did I start the banging on about the ATED. the map is not the ground as they say. Most courses are predictable especially as numbers are so low and most corps and major schools stuff/courses is very well known in the respective corps and units as instructors dont leap from the ground , but its predictable to a quarter or so not better especially if planned far in advance due to a huge variety of reasons.

Comment

I didnt start the RDFRA point; they might be able to make a representation IF management are in a mood to listen but no obligation but thats it , no c&a for us . Neither did I start the banging on about the ATED. the map is not the ground as they say. Most courses are predictable especially as numbers are so low and most corps and major schools stuff/courses is very well known in the respective corps and units as instructors dont leap from the ground , but its predictable to a quarter or so not better especially if planned far in advance due to a huge variety of reasons.
              No one (open to correction) has mentioned RDFRA in at least 2 pages

absolutely well flagged but the point remains:
              - calling notices aren’t getting to units (to action them)
              - notification of successful nomination aren’t getting individuals in a timely manner (in know of cases where 2-3 days notice prior to commencing the course).

Comment

• someone edited their post. There is no reason I would have brought RDFRA up first

As for your other points I dont think its widespread . For example all career courses were flagged far in advance this year and I've just seen our unit notice board full of course notifications. As for nominations not sure what to tell you if its G7 or unit issue , no idea

Comment

someone edited their post. There is no reason I would have brought RDFRA up first

As for your other points I dont think its widespread . For example all career courses were flagged far in advance this year and I've just seen our unit notice board full of course notifications. As for nominations not sure what to tell you if its G7 or unit issue , no idea
                  No editing done. But maybe you two should make your opinions/ differences known to rdfra ????
                  I raised it because its all I hear, bring it to them, the person should look at themselves and the lack of work they and the other "leaders" do but its always some else's fault.
                  I'm not recommending it because I don't like you and so on. It's ridiculous, a cul would short out a lot.

Comment

• ok numbers coming out of the recruitment campaign thank heavens

Comment

ok numbers coming out of the recruitment campaign thank heavens
                      Also heard scuttlebut that the age profile of the current recruitment to the RDF is older than historically the case
                      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Any update on campaign, I'm hearing mixed info, numbers good but follow on very poor, ie med, it etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                          Any update on campaign, I'm hearing mixed info, numbers good but follow on very poor, ie med, it etc.
                          I would say that it is very much location dependent, and also down to the follow through from the RLO's in the units. Early and frequent engagement with candidates is going to be key.
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

I would say that it is very much location dependent, and also down to the follow through from the RLO's in the units. Early and frequent engagement with candidates is going to be key.
                            So unit RLOs to arrange medicals etc for applicants or are they already arranged? I'm getting mixed answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post

So unit RLOs to arrange medicals etc for applicants or are they already arranged? I'm getting mixed answers.
                              There is a sizeable number pre booked

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

There is a sizeable number pre booked
                                Thanks for that, are in each formation or central somewhere?

Comment

Working...
                                X