No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the contracted medicals (instead of MO ?) well gone I assume it is safe to assume?

heard there was 80 people interviewed for one (single unit) barracks recently

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
      All the contracted medicals (instead of MO ?) well gone I assume it is safe to assume?

heard there was 80 people interviewed for one (single unit) barracks recently
      Where? PM
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Interviews are not a problem ; there are sufficient trained people to do and log the interviews and process them.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

Roughly speaking, are you in a position to elaborate on this? First I heard of this, TBH
          Check PMs
          "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            WHAT
            The recruitment portal has just been closed to allow us to process the huge backlog that is there. Without medicals its not going to move forward as everyone knew the bottleneck would be and letting more in will just be a crap experience . All procedures where I am are being followed as the last thing I want to do is lose people because Bde chuck it back . Currently there is zero problem with process and only one bottleneck - medicals. Other formations may be different but thats what its like in my neck of the woods. PDF medicals take priority so as the man said in the deli "take a number and wait"

Most of you know where I serve. I'm looking at a list of highly qualified people who've applied to join , exers as well and we just want to bring them in and get them producing but I cant fix the bottleneck. But what do you tell them after 6 months waiting for a medical ? ( even if you do the GP thing you STILL NEED An ARMY MEDICAL to enlist )
            Why aren't we using RDF doctors?

Comment

• What makes you think we are not ? Also, how many of said doctors you think are on the strength ? And its not just doctors, you need all the bits like part 1, audio and so on as thats what the Medical Branch in their wisdom decided what was required of all new DF recruits.

Comment

• Had forgotten the part 1 medical

so min 4 visits required (interview, fitness test, part 1 medical and part 2 medical)?

plus a visit to your GP (unless you wait for a DF medical) prior to the fitness test ?

Comment

• yep and then we have preinduction syllabus to keep people motivated while they wait . there is no problem attracting people whatsoever , we've proved that nearly every year we've recruited. Every time something is fixed, something else crops up as an issue that we can not fix..

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

Check PMs
                    Seen, thanks... disaster....
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                      What makes you think we are not ? Also, how many of said doctors you think are on the strength ? And its not just doctors, you need all the bits like part 1, audio and so on as thats what the Medical Branch in their wisdom decided what was required of all new DF recruits.
                      But I thought this was all in hand. Planned out for campaigns etc, what happened..

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post

But I thought this was all in hand. Planned out for campaigns etc, what happened..
                        Planned ….. yeah right

Comment

• Well looks like it's over for 2nd line rdf so. 1st line will become more active and used often. Pity the 2nd line could not recover.
                          I'm retired now so its sad to see it go this way. So many young people really got a good foundation in the fca/ar and went on to better things.

Comment

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
                            Well looks like it's over for 2nd line rdf so. 1st line will become more active and used often. Pity the 2nd line could not recover.
                            I'm retired now so its sad to see it go this way. So many young people really got a good foundation in the fca/ar and went on to better things.
                            Will the 1st line be called out is the question? I wonder what their numbers are like these days. Given the exodus from the PDF, should CS's be saying to young and capable Privates and NCO's, we can transfer you to the RDF, you can continue your links with the unit when you move onto civvy employment? Or are these people so pi**ed off with the DF, the pay and conditions, that continuing any service is unthinkable to them.
                            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post

Will the 1st line be called out is the question? I wonder what their numbers are like these days. Given the exodus from the PDF, should CS's be saying to young and capable Privates and NCO's, we can transfer you to the RDF, you can continue your links with the unit when you move onto civvy employment? Or are these people so pi**ed off with the DF, the pay and conditions, that continuing any service is unthinkable to them.
                              Who knows

Comment

Working...
                              X