"Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      well done to those promoted during the week
      SNCOs?

not promoted until GOC signs

but congratulations to all the successful candidates
      Last edited by DeV; 17 September 2022, 18:10.

Comment

• and people wonder why I dont post here any more . Yes, technically you are correct, the GOC will/may promote under R5 para 18(3) or whatever , notification of which will come in writing in BROs those who have accepted the offers of promotion . You think I don't know the regulations ?

Comment

and people wonder why I dont post here any more . Yes, technically you are correct, the GOC will/may promote under R5 para 18(3) or whatever , notification of which will come in writing in BROs those who have accepted the offers of promotion . You think I don't know the regulations ?
          The reason why I said so was that not all offers have been accepted yet

Comment

• The complaint was registered on 9 August 2022. It relates to Articles 2 (the right to just conditions of work) and 4 (right to a fair remuneration) of the revised European Social Charter. EUROMIL alleges that members of the Irish Defence Forces do not benefit from appropriate working conditions and remuneration, particularly when they work on public holidays or when they work overtime, in violation of Articles 2§1, 2§2, 4§1 and 4§2 of the Charter.

The complaint was registered on 9 August 2022. It relates to Articles 2 (the right to just conditions of work) and 4 (right to a fair remuneration) of the revised European Social Charter....

Comment

• Any idea how long it could take before a decision would be made.
              Hopefully it will force the government to sort out pay and conditions before being potentially pubically forced to by Europe.....but I won't hold my breath!

Comment

• It has ignored previous rulings. WTD? ARW Pay?
                For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Not much in the Budget for AR. We could be looking at this tread in a few months and their will be no one left in AR.

Comment

• 11-OCT-2022
                    Defence Forces Dáil Éireann Debate, Tuesday - 11 October 2022

I am very cognisant of the fact that the RDF strength level remains lower than the Establishment figure. However, I am aware of the many initiatives in place to recruit individuals to the Reserve.

While the commitment to restoring the strength of the RDF is not in doubt, given the competing recruitment demands at present, PDF recruitment is and should remain a priority. I would add also that the same personnel and resources are utilised for both PDF and RDF recruitment. Nonetheless, RDF recruitment will continue to be progressed to the greatest extent possible.

Supports currently provided to maximise RDF recruitment include use of social media, promotion through the DF Press Office, outreach activities by RDF members, and the use of Permanent Defence Force (PDF) exit interviews, which contain information on applying to the RDF.

A RDF recruitment campaign was opened, for online applications, on 21 March 2022 and was closed on 28 July 2022. Over 1000 applications were received during this window and a number of eligible applicants are undergoing recruitment processing. On completion of all processing and assessments, successful applicants will be inducted into the RDF for recruit training.

To date 70 RDF recruits have been inducted into the Defence Forces from this recruitment campaign.

In July this year, Government approval was given for a move to ‘Level of Ambition 2’ (LOA2), as set out in the capability framework devised by the Commission on the Defence Forces. This will result in the Defence budget rising from €1.1 billion to €1.5 billion, in 2022 prices, by 2028, the largest increase in Defence funding in the history of the State.

Some specific initiatives include the establishment of an Office of Reserve Affairs with the priority objective of developing a regeneration plan for the Reserve Defence Force. In this context, a High Level Action Plan (HLAP) was approved and will give the underpinning for these actions to be progressed.

I wish to assure the Deputy that that the Government remains fully committed to the advancement of the Reserve Defence Force (RDF).

Comment

• let the race for colonelcy begin ( hint it already has ) two horse race lol
                      Last edited by trellheim; 19 October 2022, 13:26.

Comment

• It's got to be a BG surly.

Comment

11-OCT-2022
                          Defence Forces Dáil Éireann Debate, Tuesday - 11 October 2022

70 inducted in 7 months out of 1000 applications

that is assuming none of them are left over from previous competition

yes recruitment is working ….

Comment

• a BG surly.
                            an RDF BG ? lol

Comment

• Why not, if they can be Col they can be a BG. Very simple to do.

Comment

• what good would a BG do ? All AR officers above Comdt are staff officers ( and even then some of the Comdts are SOs ) so working for someone else. By this logic the BG would be working two levels above the next RDF officers. Its down to effects and what is required.

rank aint everything if you still cant fix the issues at whatever rank you desire .. you could be a field marshal and it wouldnt fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X