No announcement yet.

The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No they do their job. They fail at integration between civil and military and that's definitely changing for the better.

Comment

• Pay section in Galway ? The very definition of horrible bureaucracy - every single interaction (bar one) has been negative and I think the person who answered me that one time was covering.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        Pay section in Galway ? The very definition of horrible bureaucracy - every single interaction (bar one) has been negative and I think the person who answered me that one time was covering.
        My experiences have been different thankfully

Comment

Pay section in Galway ? The very definition of horrible bureaucracy - every single interaction (bar one) has been negative and I think the person who answered me that one time was covering.
          They've always answered and replied positively to any question I have asked. If it takes them time to get an answer on pension/grat/ pdf pay and rdf pay, they have said so and have always reverted back in the time they said it would take.

Comment

• The contract for medicals posted in December (by Dev).

Allows for 200 medicals for RDF in Dublin/Leinster per annum.

I have to wonder who allows these tenders to go out or forecasted these numbers . Depressing does not even begin to cover it.

The Defence Forces occupational medical service includes induction medicals for new applicants into the Permanent Defence Forces (PDF) and the Reserve Defence Forces (RDF). It also includes an annual occupational medicals for existing members designed to ensure that Defence Forces personnel are medically fit to undertake the duties assigned to them and to treat any medical conditions arising which would inhibit their capacity to undertake such duties.

The Medical Corps is augmented by contracted doctors and other medical professionals where there is a shortfall in internal medical resources. Occupational medicals is an example of one such shortfall in internal medical resources.

The Defence Forces does employ Military Medical Officers and it is important to note that during the course of this contract, there will be recruitment efforts to employ additional Military Medical Officers. This may have an impact on the services requirement from the contracted Service Providers, however given the numbers of Defence Forces personnel it is envisioned there will always be a requirement for contracted Occupational Medical Services.

To ensure the continuity of medical capability at home and abroad the Defence Forces is seeking a service provider(s) for the provision of Occupational Medicals across three lots.:

St.Bricins (likely to be Baldonnel from 2024) - 3,400 occupational medicals over 4 years. Location of some medicals subject to change.

Curragh Camp - 3,400 occupational medicals over 4 years

Collins Bks Cork - 3,400 occupational medicals over 4 years. Location of some medicals subject to change.

Allows for 400 PDF and 200 RDF induction medicals per year per location. RDF medicals both midweek and at weekends.‚Äč
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The contract for medicals posted in December (by Dev).

Allows for 200 medicals for RDF in Dublin/Leinster per annum.
              Dublin, most of Lenister, Ulster and Connaught

Comment

Working...
              X