The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

Unfortunately a sizeable proportion of the electorate will have other ideas.
    They never cared about what the electorate wanted, short of getting them elected.
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Chief of staff addressed the 2 BDE RDF PNCO course via Zoom recently. Good things by all accounts.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Big things will come from COD for the RDF, lets just hope the remaining members will buy in.

Comment

• P OFFICER and 2 Bde PNCO tentatively approved field phase by General Staff, see members area

Comment

• So, one that has been on my mind over the P Office course currently ongoing in the RDF. I was under the impression that one had to be 35 or younger at time of commissioning, as this course has gone on a year longer than initially intended (hopefully there's been ongoing distance learning to cover more material from the comparable PDF syllabus), if someone is going to be 36, is that them done now? No commission I mean.
            What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by ODIN View Post
              So, one that has been on my mind over the P Office course currently ongoing in the RDF. I was under the impression that one had to be 35 or younger at time of commissioning, as this course has gone on a year longer than initially intended (hopefully there's been ongoing distance learning to cover more material from the comparable PDF syllabus), if someone is going to be 36, is that them done now? No commission I mean.
              It is under 35 (45 for university graduates) on date of interview

recruitment wise;
              for ex PDF it is on date of “offering themselves for enlistment”

for joe Bloggs it is “to be eligible for enlistment .... not more than 35..” but doesn’t specify when (attestation or offering themselves for enlistment?)
              Last edited by DeV; 15 April 2021, 12:20.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post

It is under 35 (45 for university graduates) on date of interview

recruitment wise;
                for ex PDF it is on date of “offering themselves for enlistment”

for joe Bloggs it is “to be eligible for enlistment .... not more than 35..” but doesn’t specify when (attestation or offering themselves for enlistment?)
                Do we know if there are any on the course who were over 35 at the point they interviewed? Have these commissions above the age of 35 been common for those with degrees or other useful qualifications?

Comment

• I'm surprised there was anyone left in the Army reserve who was under 35 and not yet an officer.
                  For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

Do we know if there are any on the course who were over 35 at the point they interviewed? Have these commissions above the age of 35 been common for those with degrees or other useful qualifications?
                    We do
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post

We do
                      Will assume yes then so!

Comment

• Annoyingly the COVID levels are now in flux so we need to wait for the word from on high

Comment

• From the Committee last week. ( the Minister said the below)

The strength of the Reserve Defence Force is nowhere near where it needs to be. There are a number of reasons for that. The main reason is why would a person join if he or she does not feel part of something that is active? Of course, some people will always want to join for the opportunities around training and career development, but ultimately I would like to see a broadening of the role for the Reserve, very much working in a complementary manner to the Permanent Defence Force at home and overseas. This is why the legislation is being amended, as we have proposed. We hope to have this done well before the end of the year. It is not complicated legislation. This element of the Reserve has become the focal point of that legislation now, rather than the other elements within it. I hope we will see a significant increase in numbers.

On some of the suggestions we have got, people who leave the Permanent Defence Force now are targeted as potential reservists in that they are given a brief on the Reserve and the options available to them. There is a genuine effort to attract new personnel into the Reserve but it is also a case of asking personnel who leave the Permanent Defence Force to consider joining the Reserve because their skill sets could be very useful, not just in a pandemic but more generally.

Comment

• Reservists are still not back parading even though sports teams professional and amateur are back in action. fking ridiculous

Comment

• Soon those who could not give time or could not attend during op fortitude will be back.

Comment

• what does that mean

Comment

Working...
                                X