The Future of the Army Reserve - Discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by batterysgt View Post
    No mention of the RDF in the ministers brief to cabinet last Tuesday, on CoDF, just PDF going to DAA. Is that the real LOA...
    I think you missed a few posts. No memo went to cabinet on Tuesday
    For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

• Originally posted by na grohmiti View Post

I think you missed a few posts. No memo went to cabinet on Tuesday
      Nope just a little sarcasm, it was ment to be up on Tuesday. But there will be an announcement soon.

Comment

• It did not go to cabinet because DPER are fighting a rearguard funding action. Until thats sorted no LOA2. The minister said as much in Defence Questions on Tuesday.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

• Reminder : As far as I can tell the following is still in force : https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/.../made/en/print

( defines Subsidiary employment as RDF< 21 days continuous service or Class J PRSI )

Comment

• Originally posted by trellheim View Post
            Reminder : As far as I can tell the following is still in force : https://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/.../made/en/print

( defines Subsidiary employment as RDF< 21 days continuous service or Class J PRSI )
            So what are you if you have gone over 21 consecutive days?

Comment

• New R5 in force

Comment

• "So what are you if you have gone over 21 consecutive days?" -> in a black hole !

PS if anyone has a copy of the new R5 can they mail it to me please

Comment

• Originally posted by DeV View Post
                  About time. Has it enshrined Career courses as a pre requsite for promotion? There were a few amendments recently to the Admin Instruction but they were mainly to do with the AR Officer promotion competitions,nothing about enlisted.
                  "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

About time. Has it enshrined Career courses as a pre requsite for promotion? There were a few amendments recently to the Admin Instruction but they were mainly to do with the AR Officer promotion competitions,nothing about enlisted.
                    No idea haven’t seen it yet

Comment

"So what are you if you have gone over 21 consecutive days?" -> in a black hole !

PS if anyone has a copy of the new R5 can they mail it to me please
                      I would also appreciate the same.

Yes, I know it'll be on IKON but I've no access and I'll be left waiting if I ask through my own unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Auldsod View Post

I would also appreciate the same.

Yes, I know it'll be on IKON but I've no access and I'll be left waiting if I ask through my own unit.
                        Your EO will have it, just ask him. If he says he does not, tell him go to confession

Comment

• Originally posted by apod View Post

About time. Has it enshrined Career courses as a pre requsite for promotion?.
                          Yes, it has.

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

• I have a comparison sheet that rdfra put out if any one wants that

Comment

• "About time. Has it enshrined Career courses as a pre requsite for promotion? There were a few amendments recently to the Admin Instruction but they were mainly to do with the AR Officer promotion competitions,nothing about enlisted."

Not for all ranks. 2lT-Lt, and Lt-Capt no career course requirement.

Comment

"About time. Has it enshrined Career courses as a pre requsite for promotion? There were a few amendments recently to the Admin Instruction but they were mainly to do with the AR Officer promotion competitions,nothing about enlisted."

Not for all ranks. 2lT-Lt, and Lt-Capt no career course requirement.
                                Could have been just left out of the “highlights” (hopefully)

edit: I see from the last page YO requirement has been left off as a requirement for promotion to Capt

there is no career courses for 2/Lt to Lt as far as I know as you can be commissioned as either 2/Lt or Lt (PDF or RDF)
                                Last edited by DeV; 5 July 2022, 12:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X