Scale of issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale of issue

I noticed on the rdfrawebsite that the scale os issue decress that the d.p.m. shirt and pants and the t shirts abd socks are liable to be replaced every year.Does this actually happen in the rdf?.and also after 18 months service provates are issued with their ceremonial uniforms again is this actually adhered to in the rdf?.

The Shirt's pant;s and Socks yes.

The No. 1's, generally you won't get it until you need it.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

No, this is the way it works:

When you receive your initial issue (upon attestation) you are entitled to receive the following:
      2 x Hi Vis Arm/Leg Bands
      1 x Cap Badge
      1 x Clothing Bag
      1 x Waist Belt
      1 x beret
      1 x Light Op Boots (Magnums)
      1 x Ear Plugs
      1 x Peltors
      1 x Fd Dressing
      1 x Wooly gloves (pair)
      2 x T-Shirt
      2 x Rank Sliders
      2 x DPM Shirt
      1 x Norwegian Shirt
      1 x Smock
      3 x Socks (pairs)
      3 x Name Tabs
      2 x DPM Trousers

You are entitled to No1s after you have completed 18 months service, it comprises the following (slight differences for females):
      2 x Collar Badges
      1 x Ceremonial Boots (pair)
      1 x Black Leather Glovers (pair)
      1 x White lanyard
      1 x No1 Shirt
      1 x Tie
      1 x No1 Trousers
      1 x Tunic

Then there are other issues to cooks, PAs, engineers, for exercises etc

All the above is what you are entitled to have at any one time!

The only way you will get anything extra is if your CQ fills in a kit inspection form saying that you need a new (for example) shirt as 1 of your current 2 is unservicable/damaged. A request for a replacement is then filled in on the IMS form, it is signed by your Unit CO and sent to clothing stores from where you must collect it.

The only reason for the "notional life" is that if you a required a replacement for an item which is still within its notional life you should be billed for it (if it is not normal wear & tear). For example a pair of DPM trousers costs say €20, you have it 6 months and its notional life is 12 months - therefore you can be billed €10. If on the other hand you have it 3 years you get it free. It doesn't, I say again doesn't, mean you to are entitled to a new pair every 12 months.

Support the search function!
      Last edited by DeV; 8 February 2009, 00:02.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
        No, this is the way it works:

When you receive your initial issue (upon attestation) you are entitled to receive the following:
        2 x Hi Vis Arm/Leg Bands
        1 x Cap Badge
        1 x Clothing Bag
        1 x Waist Belt
        1 x beret
        1 x Light Op Boots (Magnums)
        1 x Ear Plugs
        1 x Peltors
        1 x Fd Dressing
        1 x Wooly gloves (pair)
        2 x T-Shirt
        2 x Rank Sliders
        2 x DPM Shirt
        1 x Norwegian Shirt
        1 x Smock
        3 x Socks (pairs)
        3 x Name Tabs
        2 x DPM Trousers

You are entitled to No1s after you have completed 18 months service, it comprises the following (slight differences for females):
        2 x Collar Badges
        1 x Ceremonial Boots (pair)
        1 x Black Leather Glovers (pair)
        1 x White lanyard
        1 x No1 Shirt
        1 x Tie
        1 x No1 Trousers
        1 x Tunic

Then there are other issues to cooks, PAs, engineers, for exercises etc

All the above is what you are entitled to have at any one time!

The only way you will get anything extra is if your CQ fills in a kit inspection form saying that you need a new (for example) shirt as 1 of your current 2 is unservicable/damaged. A request for a replacement is then filled in on the IMS form, it is signed by your Unit CO and sent to clothing stores from where you must collect it.

The only reason for the "notional life" is that if you a required a replacement for an item which is still within its notional life you should be billed for it (if it is not normal wear & tear). For example a pair of DPM trousers costs say €20, you have it 6 months and its notional life is 12 months - therefore you can be billed €10. If on the other hand you have it 3 years you get it free. It doesn't, I say again doesn't, mean you to are entitled to a new pair every 12 months.

Support the search function!

I only got 1xdpm pants,shirt,smock,beret with badge,socks ,2x t shirts and boots!Should i be expecting to be issued with the aforementioned kit?(bearing in mind,i am rdf!)
        So an item of clothing is only replaced if it is unserviceable even if it has surpassed its lifespan?They are not automaticallly replaced after the notional lifespan?

Comment

Thanls Dev, I was not aware of that!!!
          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Éire go brách View Post
            I only got 1xdpm pants,shirt,smock,beret with badge,socks ,2x t shirts and boots!Should i be expecting to be issued with the aforementioned kit?(bearing in mind,i am rdf!)
            The above is for all members of the RDF.

So an item of clothing is only replaced if it is unserviceable even if it has surpassed its lifespan?They are not automaticallly replaced after the notional lifespan?
            Correct x 2, if you find that due to "fair wear & tear" (ie normal usage & washing) that your clothing isn't as is it should be bring it to the attention of your NCO

Comment

What you're "entitled to" and what you actually receive differ greatly. The joys of it...

Comment

Lads,
                Does anyone here know what the cost of the PDF scale of issue is? Is it public knowledge? Please PM me if not.
                Cheers,
                S&S

Comment

I heard it was in the region of €8-10,000 including all CBA, PPE and that jazz. Not sure if it includes the value of weapons and is most likely also a bit wide of the mark.

Comment

A guy in my Coy has been in 7 years and he never got one re-issue of his uniform, never even got issued rank markings.
                    "Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." -Francis Meehan.

Comment

Originally posted by F_M View Post
                      I heard it was in the region of €8-10,000 including all CBA, PPE and that jazz. Not sure if it includes the value of weapons and is most likely also a bit wide of the mark.
                      Very,very wide off the mark.I have the figure here somewhere will dig it out.
                      "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by Socrates View Post
                        A guy in my Coy has been in 7 years and he never got one re-issue of his uniform, never even got issued rank markings.
                        Has he been introduced to, or sought out his CQMS, in those 7 years ???

Find this very hard to believe... has he been parading any way regularly in those 7 years ?
                        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I could be thinking of a differenct army aswell

Comment

€13,898.12 to kit out a yank apparently..

Comment

Here are the figures as promised.
                              PDF recruit first issue: E465.31
                              Second issue: E880.17
                              Total cost: E 1,345.48
                              Figures accurate as of April 2012.
                              Second issue would include full IPLCS less CBA.(CBA is personally assigned not personally issued)
                              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Working...
                              X