No announcement yet.

RDF Bebo sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would agree with you Mallen on the above point.

I have seen some pretty good pages out there too. And a few that I won't mention

Comment

I would agree with you Mallen on the above point.
      The RDF aspect of the DF website is from 2005...4 years old. Which also shows.

In relation to bebo pages, I have seen some pretty good pages out there too. And a few that I won't mention
      I have seen the one for the 3AD too. Its an excellent page. That page and the one for 62 Cav and 62LSBMedCoy are among the handful of quality sites out there, and they are used for recruitment. Well so far from what I have seen.

With the medics being the first one I remember that actually began to buck the trend and develop a site/page that was high quality. Overall, its a pretty good job and it appears to be continually maintained by whoever looks after it. Which some other unit pages don't.

Here's the link if you want to check it out-

Stylish online invitation maker! Choose digital invites, customize with photos or videos, text or email to guests, & track RSVPs.

Although I have to say that I remember being told that I couldn't put up any photos of the RDF on my own bebo page from camp. I put them up anyway and no one said anything.
      But then again they were all pictures that showed the RDF in a professional light, which I think is allowed.
      I think the "directive" is primarily aimed at the cack that people post, and you should read between the lines on it.

I am surprised though that this thread hasn't been getting more debate though.

Comment

it is ilegal to post any photos of you or your friends with wepons or uniform on the internet or even show your friends the wepons,it is actually ilegal to take any photos of wepons DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Well I found out recently that my unit has a Bebo site; although I'd make a point of telling those running it that I wouldn't want my picture up on it (I wouldn't want to put the women off from joining )

I've yet to see this Bebo page, and no I'm not giving the link when I get it or saying which unit.

I don't think they're a bad idea, and are a good way for the social networking generation to get a good understanding of what the RDF is all about; I would just be conscious of who's administrating it though.
            After all, you don't want bad representation for your unit.

Comment

I don't think they're a bad idea, and are a good way for the social networking generation to get a good understanding of what the RDF is all about; I would just be conscious of who's administrating it though.
              After all, you don't want bad representation for your unit.[/QUOTE]

I think that is primarily what is happening. I checked out that medics page by the way Mayday. Its pretty good and very well put together.
              I noticed that they put up a notice saying that there was no parade on Tuesday night on account of it being Paddy's Day. Which is an exercise in common sense really, so I would side with you about them being used as "social networking", which is just another form of communications really.

I can't see anything wrong with that.

And I would also agree with Mayday on the point that it is possible to use it as a recruitment medium too, providing that it is being done correctly. Which is what I think I am looking at when I see bebo pages for units that look the part.

Whether or not they actually work I would like to know. Anyone know whether they do or not?

A soldier thinking for himself. Everybody panic because there may be an outbreak of morale to follow next!!!!

I personally think that the older generation don't understand them and that is why they have the opinion they do.
              But I think we are in the age now where the internet is being harnassed by every company and organisation around the world (websites, etc.) and this is a refelection of the times we live in. And I don't think this phenomena is a bad thing at all.

And I am referring to bebo pages that have a degree of professionalism and high quality about them. I would 100% agree with the majority of comments about shoddy pages, and I have seen a few of them too.
              But I am only interested in the pages that seem to buck that trend and what other people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt bilco View Post
                it is ilegal to post any photos of you or your friends with wepons or uniform on the internet or even show your friends the wepons,it is actually ilegal to take any photos of wepons DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!
                I know lots of people that have put up pics of themselves on their bebo pages. People of all ranks too (including NCOs and privates) and there is no problem with them. Likewise for facebook and myspace too.
                They are pics in uniform and pics of us training and so on. All in all, they show the RDF and the training we do and they show it in a good light. And its good to look back on camp and have a laugh and so on with the pics.

Heaven forbid that people might know that the RDF use weapons, and have uniforms and actually do stuff.
                The gimps that post cack on their pages are who they are talking about/to because they are the people who are giving the org a bad name.

I also know people who have sent in pics to the DF Press Office, and they were excellent pics too. But they never got a reply or anything.
                So I would definitely agree with the opinion that people have that the DF Press Office doesn't do enough to promote the RDF.

P.S if it is illegal to post photographs of people in uniform with weapons then they better raid the offices of IMO too because there are pics of people on this site with weapons and in uniform:redface:

Comment

It doesnt matter whether we all think BEBO is better than Twitter or

whether face book can save the RDF-

If the director makes an order that says you cant...

then plain and simple you cant...

Its part and parcel of Military life- no one cares whether yyou like the order- they care that you obey the order

you know you cant put pictures up and yet you did- rock on rebel soldier

but rock on and be a rebel somewhere else-

Its only a tiny little thing to you- but to us ( and i dont know whether you are PDF - RDF - NSR or SPUC)

the fact you flagrantly dis obey an order is indicative of you as an indiviudal

think of it as such- if you dont liek the off side rule in soccer, then dont play soccer

if you cant obey the simple orders in times of peace

well Mother of God, do you think you could obey hard orders in times of conflict-

the Army make it simple for us

we dont have to choose what orders we obey-##

they make us obey them all

I know for a fact that the following very honourable and noble organisations allow you have your own

bebo pages that you can put pictures on

the SCouts- the other Scouts- the Orange Scouts- the Scouts whose Our Father is smaller than the Orange Scouts

and the real Scouts
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                    It doesnt matter whether we all think BEBO is better than Twitter or

whether face book can save the RDF-

If the director makes an order that says you cant...

then plain and simple you cant...
                    So how do you feel about the various PDF lads posting pics of Chad on IMO?

Or, question to mods, are all photos of military personnel and equipment vetted and passed by the DF press office before being shown on IMO?
                    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                      So how do you feel about the various PDF lads posting pics of Chad on IMO?

Or, question to mods, are all photos of military personnel and equipment vetted and passed by the DF press office before being shown on IMO?
                      It really doesnt matter what I think or not

I just obey the orders

you wont find a picture that has been posted by me-

and it shouldnt really matter what I think

you are old enough to make your own decisions

either obey the orders

or vote with your tabs and join some other organisation

Comment

Hmmmmmm

Now that is a strange thing to post.

I am interested in your opinion. I thought that was the point of a discussion board, to voice ones views and discuss opinions.

Since it is evident that members of both PDF and RDF are posting such material on the net would you subscribe to the notion that they should be rooted out and made pay for this illegal activity?

BTW I have none of those pages so I am not making a surrupticious effort to defend them.
                        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

We can discuss all we like

but its irrelevant

orders are orders

and its not like this is an order to go and kill all the Jews-

this is a valid leagal order

I cant really see the problem

Since it is evident that members of both PDF and RDF are posting such material on the net would you subscribe to the notion that they should be rooted out and made pay for this illegal activity?
                          I can only keep repeating - Obey all orders

Hmmmmmm

Now that is a strange thing to post
                          Looking back you are right- I agree

Hmmmmmmmmm is a strange thing to post

but I wouldnt like to comment on it

Comment

I can only keep repeating - Obey all lawful orders
                            FYP
                            But, what about those really crappy order's, like don't bring ordinance home from the range's. Do those have to be obeyed????

For the record I agree with Hedgie, the thing is though, the order only came about because of people being retarded and posting stupid pictures of themselves from camp. I have seen some Terrible pictures that people have uploaded, just something that really should not be there, but they are!!!

A few years back a few friends of mine were on camp, and some officer from somewhere, spoke to them about their specific bebo page's. More of this I say!!!! The lads had all pictures off after they got home!!!

The order should never have had to be given if people had just shown a little common sense. But apparently they don't, so the order is there.
                            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

either obey the orders

or vote with your tabs and join some other organisation
                              Like the Scouts?
                              As for accuracy, presumably the missile carries MRVs with terminal phase sensors and guidance.

Comment

we got this chat b4.

it was very hard for the recruits too accept the verbal reprimand from certain NCO's when the NCO's themselves were posting pics of themselves on bebo in uniform with weapons etc. they even have some up on guys wearing DPM while playin with airsoft toys and paintball

kids

Comment

Working...
                                X