Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions

anyone care to predict the short term future of the DF both PDF - RDF in coming years? , think it would be interesting to look back in few years and see if we were doom merchants or we were too optimistic ,
    "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Units not being able to hold anything but training parades (due to cutbacks on rations, accomodiation, transport), mandays drastically reduced, lower/no grat for the majority as a result -> mass exodus

Comment

A lot of people will be wondering what the term RDF stood for

TBH nearly there already

Comment

I predict more and more cutbacks!

Comment

Except we don't have MAGs!

Comment

I predict that there is ahidden agenda within the DF and the department to make the reserve so unworkable for the members that it will be wound down.

I spoke with an officer last week who agrees with this prediction...and this guy would be very cagey normally to predict such things.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I've also heard they are doing a VFM review of the RDF!

Comment

RDF camps reduced to 7 days ftt for all from next year , integration scrapped permanently ,grat gone , a restriction on fieldays , no career courses from 2010 , recruiting stopped either this year or next , if the depression is short the RDF may just survive but if its long which is likely we may be witnessing the twilight ,

PDF barrack closures , ban on recruitment carried on for next four years , limited promotions , no new equipment for significantly longer , a slashing of the defense budget ,a limiting on exercises ,
                reduced UN involvement , the progress the DF has made over the last years gradually erased by stagnation and poor moral ,
                "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

i think the time is ripe for the general staff to deal the death blow to what they see as a drain on ever dwindling resources since the reorg the reserve has being dying a very slow and painfull death
                  Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by greyfox View Post
                    RDF camps reduced to 7 days ftt for all from next year , integration scrapped permanently ,grat gone , a restriction on fieldays , no career courses from 2010 , recruiting stopped either this year or next , if the depression is short the RDF may just survive but if its long which is likely we may be witnessing the twilight ,

PDF barrack closures , ban on recruitment carried on for next four years , limited promotions , no new equipment for significantly longer , a slashing of the defense budget ,a limiting on exercises ,
                    reduced UN involvement , the progress the DF has made over the last years gradually erased by stagnation and poor moral ,
                    Can recall that when I joined first (1989), we only did 7 days FTT at that point.
                    'Tis only in the last 8-9 years that I' ve seen 2 weeks FTT - e.g; Cav on PSO Exs,
                    Corps Concentration Camps, Arty Gunnery Shoots, etc...

No Career Courses would lead to a stagnation in the rank, promotion wise, but
                    would certainly have the effect of offloading those on retirement who are serving
                    supernumerary, e.g; where 2 units merged on the Re-Org, you had 2 BSMs, for instance

Would be sceptical that the new units, e.g; RDFTA, Bde HQ, etc., would have accounted for
                    all these supernumerary ranks in the RDF

Probably at least one more occupied post will get the bullet, IMHO....

If the DF is serious about maintaining a Reserve (I see some folks here are doubting that),
                    then a reduction in training/exercises would not be the way to go about it....
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

An extra position for a General will be announced and 3 full colonels to support him

this new General will be responsible for implementing the cut backs and embargos

it will also appease the senior officers

1 Token NCO will be promoted
                      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                        An extra position for a General will be announced and 3 full colonels to support him

this new General will be responsible for implementing the cut backs and embargos
                        Sure they will be getting rid of 1 in a few months (either one of 2 Lt Generals)

Comment

wont happen

during the last embargo- we got an extra Brig Gen
                          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
                            i think the time is ripe for the general staff to deal the death blow to what they see as a drain on ever dwindling resources since the reorg the reserve has being dying a very slow and painfull death
                            I wish they would get on with it.

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                            Can recall that when I joined first (1989), we only did 7 days FTT at that point.
                            'Tis only in the last 8-9 years that I' ve seen 2 weeks FTT - e.g; Cav on PSO Exs,
                            Corps Concentration Camps, Arty Gunnery Shoots, etc...
                            When I joined in 1998 there was only 7 days FTT, 14 days were courses/duties. It was around 2002 that they started "wasting" the days (they had so many days but we didn't really do anything with them).

Comment

reserve has being dying a very slow and painfull death
                              which is a lot to do with people who don't like change in the RDF, and not due to the mainline PDF who have generally been supportive, if a little bemused.
                              "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Working...
                              X