What Corps are the most useful to the Defence Forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Corps are the most useful to the Defence Forces

I think members of this site could help in identifying what corps are most useful for home or overseas service.
    Infantry Corp
    23.08%
    Arty Corp
    10.65%
    Cav Corp
    11.24%
    MP Corp
    7.69%
    Logs Medical
    11.24%
    Logs Transport
    15.38%
    CIS Signals
    10.65%
    Engineer Corp
    10.06%

Um why?

is this not like asking which internal organ is the most useful?
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

I have to say, RDF wise Transport would be most useful. They can go on any unit's camps and do their job exactly as described.
      I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
        I have to say, RDF wise Transport would be most useful. They can go on any unit's camps and do their job exactly as described.
        +1
        Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

NSR [ although not strictly a corp ]
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Is this a d**k measuring contest?
            Theirs not to make reply,
            Theirs not to reason why,
            Theirs but to do and die:
            Into the valley of Death
            Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Sadly many voters will vote depending on the corps their in, rather than the useful ness of that corps to the PDF.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

People are looking for the ME in TEAM
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by mugs View Post
                  Is this a d**k measuring contest?
                  seems the MP's are finding it a tad cold!

Comment

I picked all of them. All have their purposes and uses - the weighting of the importance is impossible to measure as you'd firstly have to get rid of the corps one by one and measure the effect over several years in all different scenarios and secondly you'd have to be inside the mind of every person that is either in the DF or comes into contact with them (say, on peacekeeping missions etc) to measure what the individual effect on the loss of that corps is on people.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Comment

I wish this thread was a person. So it could be taken outside and shot in the face.
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Look, even the most limited military eperience leads one to conclude that CIS is the most important corps, (and no, not a member, never has been). Operations is all about command and control, the ability to outhink your opponent, without CIS, artillery could'nt support infantry, Cav couldn't report sightings of enemy forces, transport wouldn't know were to move troops to or deliver supplies.

Look at Blitzkreig, german tanks had weaker armour and less powerful guns than either French or Russian ones in 1940/41, but performed magnificantly, the reason being that all german tanks had a radio unlike thier opponents. The failures of first world war generals have also been put down to the fact that they lacked effective command and control, and couldn't reactly quickly enough.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                          Look, even the most limited military eperience leads one to conclude that CIS is the most important corps, (and no, not a member, never has been). Operations is all about command and control, the ability to outhink your opponent, without CIS, artillery could'nt support infantry, Cav couldn't report sightings of enemy forces, transport wouldn't know were to move troops to or deliver supplies.
                          Your argument falls down based on the fact that all your examples are handled by the organic Signals Platoons/Troops/Sections in the Bn/Regt/Sqn/Coy, and not by CIS types. CIS do a lot more than SINCGARS - they're interested in Bde level and above, not low level voice nets.

Besides, the Womens Auxiliary Balloon Corps is far more important.

Comment

Its a moot argument

ALL corps are essential to the Defence Forces

very few could or would survive without the other Corps
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I'm sure we'd manage without the MPs.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X