Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official d f site

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
    So the criticism of the RDF side of thing (that the person inc ahrge of it is not doing a good enough job) is a valid one.
    The person in charge of it is not a professional web developer. Really now, if you are so concerned then submit your proposals to them. Maybe do a bit of coding yourself?

    There is also no need to have a fantastic site, it's not actually for recruitment. It's just a nice toy to give the reserve's.
    I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

    Please PM me to correct me.

    But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

    I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
      Overall, its poor. The photos on it are not from 2009. Which is half the year gone already.
      Pictures of people sitting in barracks, and transport parked up because of cancelled training, don't really make good publicity material.

      Comment


      • #33
        http://www.dfmagazine.ie/RDF%20Adven...5_article.aspx

        This was sent in and approved and posted in an hour... The Press Officer could not have done more
        total professionalism.

        Lads dont forget the have a major site on there hands and they army working day aint as long as civvies st.(0930-1630 i realise they also work long hours outside of this time when detailed) plus there soldiers and maybe there off soldierin instead off typing!!

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
          http://www.dfmagazine.ie/RDF%20Adven...5_article.aspx

          This was sent in and approved and posted in an hour... The Press Officer could not have done more
          total professionalism.

          Lads dont forget the have a major site on there hands and they army working day aint as long as civvies st.(0930-1630 i realise they also work long hours outside of this time when detailed) plus there soldiers and maybe there off soldierin instead off typing!!
          Thanks for that!!! You shoulda sent it to me earlier!!! I was just Behind Sgt. Hickey too!!! To bad the lens was zoomed in!!!!

          Lads, I think this proves that the Press Office people are doing their Job. They just need to be given the Stories to actually do it. We are a small Defence Force, it is not in our Budget to have journalists on staff. Everyone who wants to string a few words together can be a Journo, so if you think the site's are crap then get snapping and send them to the Press Office rather than Bebo.

          While it is not allowed to take pictures and what not, I highly doubt charges will be pressed if they are sent straight to the press office.
          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

          Please PM me to correct me.

          But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

          I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
            While it is not allowed to take pictures and what not, I highly doubt charges will be pressed if they are sent straight to the press office.
            My understanding (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) is that its not as you pointed out above not allowed to take pictures.

            As far as I am aware its not allowed to post pictures that present the DF in bad light. Therefore there wont be any charges for taking pictures etc, it would just be preferred if they were approved by the Press Office before posting to ensure they dont paint the DF in a bad light.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Dazzler View Post
              Thanks for that!!! You shoulda sent it to me earlier!!! I was just Behind Sgt. Hickey too!!! To bad the lens was zoomed in!!!!

              Lads, I think this proves that the Press Office people are doing their Job. They just need to be given the Stories to actually do it. We are a small Defence Force, it is not in our Budget to have journalists on staff. Everyone who wants to string a few words together can be a Journo, so if you think the site's are crap then get snapping and send them to the Press Office rather than Bebo.

              While it is not allowed to take pictures and what not, I highly doubt charges will be pressed if they are sent straight to the press office.
              God Bless PhotoShop Bitch

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by boomer View Post
                My understanding (and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) is that its not as you pointed out above not allowed to take pictures.

                As far as I am aware its not allowed to post pictures that present the DF in bad light. Therefore there wont be any charges for taking pictures etc, it would just be preferred if they were approved by the Press Office before posting to ensure they dont paint the DF in a bad light.
                If that's true, I am taking my Camera's to the next good camp With permission from my CoC of course.
                I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

                Please PM me to correct me.

                But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

                I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

                Comment


                • #38
                  I heard the same thing too Dazzler though about photos and so on.
                  Its ok to take them and put them up on spacebook, myface etc. so long as they are the type of photos that show the org in a positive/professional light.

                  I don't know if you need permission or not, but I think its on the understanding that you do in good faith. Then if you step over the mark, you have to answer for it.

                  I don't have any of them types of thigns myself, so it doesn't apply to me. And I have better things to do than get into it, but I sit on the fence when it comes to it. So long as it is done properly I don't see a problem with this.

                  Oh, and I don't anything about coding, so I don't want to be "volunteered" for any DF site.

                  LOL

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Thats Google Earth in major trouble so.

                    I hope the Minister of State pockets...sorry, collects the 1k per barracks......

                    Similar thread HERE
                    Support the Search Function.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by kermit
                      I see you have never driven through the Curragh Camp.

                      Defence Act 1954, Section 268
                      If any person, without lawful authority, makes or attempts to make any sketch,
                      drawing, photograph, picture, painting, model or note of any fort, battery, field work,
                      fortification or any military work of defence, aerodrome, barracks, post, magazine,
                      munition factory, stores depot or any other Government property occupied or partly
                      occupied by the Defence Forces or any portion thereof, such person shall be guilty of an
                      offence under this subsection and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine
                      not exceeding £1,000 or, at the discretion of the court, imprisonment for any term not
                      exceeding twelve months, and all sketches, drawings, photographs, pictures, paintings,
                      models and notes and all tools and all materials or apparatus for sketching, drawing,
                      photographing, painting or modelling found in his possession shall be forfeited and may
                      be destroyed, sold or otherwise disposed of as a Minister of State directs.
                      I have, and was told while there I could safely ignore the said notices.

                      They are not erected at every entrance anyway to the best of my knowledge.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by kermit
                        I see you have never driven through the Curragh Camp.

                        Defence Act 1954, Section 268
                        If any person, without lawful authority, makes or attempts to make any sketch,
                        drawing, photograph, picture, painting, model or note of any fort, battery, field work,
                        fortification or any military work of defence, aerodrome, barracks, post, magazine,
                        munition factory, stores depot or any other Government property occupied or partly
                        occupied by the Defence Forces or any portion thereof, such person shall be guilty of an
                        offence under this subsection and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine
                        not exceeding £1,000 or, at the discretion of the court, imprisonment for any term not
                        exceeding twelve months, and all sketches, drawings, photographs, pictures, paintings,
                        models and notes and all tools and all materials or apparatus for sketching, drawing,
                        photographing, painting or modelling found in his possession shall be forfeited and may
                        be destroyed, sold or otherwise disposed of as a Minister of State directs.
                        There's a blatantly obvious flaw there that shows that to not be a legal order.

                        See if you can spot it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
                          There's a blatantly obvious flaw there that shows that to not be a legal order.

                          See if you can spot it.
                          Summary Conviction?
                          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

                          Please PM me to correct me.

                          But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

                          I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            If you are talking about the fine being in £ instead of €, there is an automatic conversion, so that won't make it an illegal order

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
                              There's a blatantly obvious flaw there that shows that to not be a legal order.

                              See if you can spot it.
                              Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                              If you are talking about the fine being in £ instead of €, there is an automatic conversion, so that won't make it an illegal order
                              As Bravo20 said, the section quoted above by Kermit has been amended since to reflect
                              the changed currency....
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Got an obvious solution to the problem of training needs V time to take decent pictures. In every unit there are senior ncos or officers who deem it below them to do any actual work at weekends. You must have seen them - seen at breakfast but rarer than rocking horse s**t to find all day. Having been attached to the TA i can hand on heart say ive seen these types at work. It would massage their over inflated egos if they were selected as the units official photographer/ press officer. They can then claim theyve done something with their day. After the weekend they send all their coverage to the press office. The press office choose the best pieces and so everyone is happy. Or is this way too obvious?
                                Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X