No announcement yet.

Official d f site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think an cosantior is a good job, you see lots of rdf stuff in there but the main site isnt too great! they have something but it could do with updating!
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
      There's a blatantly obvious flaw there that shows that to not be a legal order.

See if you can spot it.

Hmmm looks to me like that is a civilian law and not a military law so how can you talk about lawful orders?

Comment

Originally posted by Tango_Charlie View Post
        Hmmm looks to me like that is a civilian law and not a military law so how can you talk about lawful orders?
        Don't forget, T-C, that "lawful orders", in the DF environment, are those which conform to
        BOTH Civil and Mil Law...
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
          Don't forget, T-C, that "lawful orders", in the DF environment, are those which conform to
          BOTH Civil and Mil Law...
          Yes of course, but that is the Defence act and not the DFR's. and as far as i can tell that section is aimed at non military personnell taking photo's or making sketches of DF installations. Basically what i'm saying is, can something thats aimed at all people (and not just military) be called a lawful/unlawful order?

Comment

FFS, it's not even an order, it's a section of the Defence act, and therefore is law (criminal law, if you want to get pedantic)

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
              FFS, it's not even an order, it's a section of the Defence act, and therefore is law (criminal law, if you want to get pedantic)

Thank you barry. I wasnt too sure if i was getting my point across but at least one person (ie: you) agrees with me.

Comment

Instead or opening a new thread...

Having just been on military.ie it is all over the place!
                You have to really know where to look for something if you are going to find it!
                Alot of outdated and incorrect info in it too.

( nice profile of our Barry on it though)

Anyway what would you do different if you were in charge of it?

To get the ball rolling....
                (For when we do start recruiting) set up one careers page for all services and let people know what's what!
                Have consistent links in the left of the page so the entire site is easily navigable.
                WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

A search function!!

(that works.)
                  Facts are meaningless - you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

Comment

Originally posted by Snacker View Post
                    (For when we do start recruiting) set up one careers page for all services and let people know what's what!
                    You mean like this?
                    http://www.military.ie/careers/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                    X