Official d f site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomer View Post
    Its funnier when you realise its already being run by a "bunch of reservists" one of whom has already posted on this thread
    I didn't know that...

But at the end of the day I will still side with KNOCKER in that the DF site is outdated, and should be maintained a lot better.

Likewise for the RDF site.

My alst two words on the subject

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      chuckle.
      Originally posted by Vickers View Post

Originally posted by Joshua View Post

What he said

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

whats so funny ?
        Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

It's not the Press Office fault that there are no new pics. People aren't sending them in. And AFAIK, they should be invited to things where they can take pictures. You can't blame them for lack of pictures. Send them some of your own and see if they are posted.

I was actually planning on writing an article this year for either RDF.ie or An Cosaintor, but the thing we were supposed to be doing seems to have been scrubbed!!! :(
          I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

But haven't people submitted articles/photos etc. and never gotten anywhere?

So what would be the point in submitting them when they won't get used? ]
            And in terms of info on the artillery and medics, surely the DF press office is competent enough to know what role they fulfill and include them in that article/page that was mentioned on rdf.ie

I would agree with Knocker's point that the DF website and the RDF websites are pretty lame and a lazy effort overall by all involved.
            However, there is a DF "page" on facebook that is constantly updated. And faultless too.

But I do hold a strong belief that there should be a decent website for the RDF and one that is kept current at all times. But there is none.

Comment

I nominate ghostrider, knocker and mallen83 as mods of military.ie and rdf.ie (maybe I should start a poll) since everyone else is so incompetent.:wink:

This is the army way.
              Last edited by Vickers; 6 June 2009, 03:04. Reason: Added smilie - some think I am serious
              "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

I may be a recruit, but I know enough already to know that you never volunteer for anything in the army.

Thanks for the nominatiomn though vickers. Out of modesty and respect I will have to decline the offer. I would hate to show you up and all.

Although if you do have a role that would present a challenge, then I may consider the offer. Of course, it would have to include dental and pension.

On a serious note, we are voicing an opinion here that the DF and rdf.ie websites are not good enough.
                And if you disagree, then you disagree. Eeveryone is entitled to their opinion. But if you want to be involved in something that is central and important, then you should be willing to take the criticiasm when it comes your way if you have ducked the responsibility.

The rdf.ie site (run by reservists) should be given over to people that are willing to bring it on. And the DF website should be run more in line with the facebook page. By more in line, I mean updated accordingly as that one is.

Comment

Just to say ghostrider, volunteer for everything, the RDF is an organisation in which you get out what YOU put in. Don't listen to people who say don't volunteer. The best part of the RDF is the shite jobs that turn fun with the right people involved!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                    But haven't people submitted articles/photos etc. and never gotten anywhere?So what would be the point in submitting them when they won't get used? ]
                    none.

What articles have you wrote
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

I wrote an article and submitted it a few years back and it got in [ to An Cosantoir ] believe you me they want articles and photos, why haven't you submitted any ?
                      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

trellheim and hedgehog...we are not actually talking about An Cosantoir. They are ok towards photos and articles for RDF.

We are commenting on the lack of input/regular updates for the DF website and the rdf.ie websites. Some are not impressed that they aren't up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
                          trellheim and hedgehog...we are not actually talking about An Cosantoir. They are ok towards photos and articles for RDF.

We are commenting on the lack of input/regular updates for the DF website and the rdf.ie websites. Some are not impressed that they aren't up to date.
                          Then take some pictures and submit them! What do you want the Press Office to do? Go to every RDF Camp for you? You must do it yourself and submit them, they do not have the time to do such frivilous things. AFAIK they don't only work in the Press Office but are required for training and duties as well.

Comment

Just to say, that is a good point that you raised there Dazzler.
                            Granted, the people who are taske with the DF site might have other duties to do, and that leaves them maybe not enough time to maintain the DF website.

But the other side of the coin is this, they can't have been so buy since 2005 not to have found the time to update it. Well the RDF side of it anyway.

i don't think that is an unfair criticism at all.

Comment

Thats cos someone else is looking after the RDF side.....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                Thats cos someone else is looking after the RDF side.....
                                So the criticism of the RDF side of thing (that the person inc ahrge of it is not doing a good enough job) is a valid one.

Comment

Working...
                                X