X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeV
    replied
    Originally posted by Snacker View Post
    (For when we do start recruiting) set up one careers page for all services and let people know what's what!
    You mean like this?
    http://www.military.ie/careers/index.htm

Leave a comment:

• Darksaga
    replied
    A search function!!

(that works.)

Leave a comment:

• Snacker
    replied
    Instead or opening a new thread...

Having just been on military.ie it is all over the place!
    You have to really know where to look for something if you are going to find it!
    Alot of outdated and incorrect info in it too.

( nice profile of our Barry on it though)

Anyway what would you do different if you were in charge of it?

To get the ball rolling....
    (For when we do start recruiting) set up one careers page for all services and let people know what's what!
    Have consistent links in the left of the page so the entire site is easily navigable.

Leave a comment:

• Tango_Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by Barry View Post
    FFS, it's not even an order, it's a section of the Defence act, and therefore is law (criminal law, if you want to get pedantic)

Thank you barry. I wasnt too sure if i was getting my point across but at least one person (ie: you) agrees with me.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    FFS, it's not even an order, it's a section of the Defence act, and therefore is law (criminal law, if you want to get pedantic)

Leave a comment:

• Tango_Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Don't forget, T-C, that "lawful orders", in the DF environment, are those which conform to
    BOTH Civil and Mil Law...
    Yes of course, but that is the Defence act and not the DFR's. and as far as i can tell that section is aimed at non military personnell taking photo's or making sketches of DF installations. Basically what i'm saying is, can something thats aimed at all people (and not just military) be called a lawful/unlawful order?

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by Tango_Charlie View Post
    Hmmm looks to me like that is a civilian law and not a military law so how can you talk about lawful orders?
    Don't forget, T-C, that "lawful orders", in the DF environment, are those which conform to
    BOTH Civil and Mil Law...

Leave a comment:

• Tango_Charlie
    replied
    Originally posted by mallen83 View Post
    There's a blatantly obvious flaw there that shows that to not be a legal order.

See if you can spot it.

Hmmm looks to me like that is a civilian law and not a military law so how can you talk about lawful orders?

Leave a comment:

• Buck
    replied
    i think an cosantior is a good job, you see lots of rdf stuff in there but the main site isnt too great! they have something but it could do with updating!

Leave a comment:

• knocker
    replied
    Got an obvious solution to the problem of training needs V time to take decent pictures. In every unit there are senior ncos or officers who deem it below them to do any actual work at weekends. You must have seen them - seen at breakfast but rarer than rocking horse s**t to find all day. Having been attached to the TA i can hand on heart say ive seen these types at work. It would massage their over inflated egos if they were selected as the units official photographer/ press officer. They can then claim theyve done something with their day. After the weekend they send all their coverage to the press office. The press office choose the best pieces and so everyone is happy. Or is this way too obvious?

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    replied

See if you can spot it.
    Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
    If you are talking about the fine being in £ instead of €, there is an automatic conversion, so that won't make it an illegal order
    As Bravo20 said, the section quoted above by Kermit has been amended since to reflect
    the changed currency....

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    If you are talking about the fine being in £ instead of €, there is an automatic conversion, so that won't make it an illegal order

Leave a comment:

• Dazzler
    replied

See if you can spot it.
    Summary Conviction?

Leave a comment:

• mallen83
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit
    I see you have never driven through the Curragh Camp.

Defence Act 1954, Section 268
    If any person, without lawful authority, makes or attempts to make any sketch,
    drawing, photograph, picture, painting, model or note of any fort, battery, field work,
    fortification or any military work of defence, aerodrome, barracks, post, magazine,
    munition factory, stores depot or any other Government property occupied or partly
    occupied by the Defence Forces or any portion thereof, such person shall be guilty of an
    offence under this subsection and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine
    not exceeding £1,000 or, at the discretion of the court, imprisonment for any term not
    exceeding twelve months, and all sketches, drawings, photographs, pictures, paintings,
    models and notes and all tools and all materials or apparatus for sketching, drawing,
    photographing, painting or modelling found in his possession shall be forfeited and may
    be destroyed, sold or otherwise disposed of as a Minister of State directs.

See if you can spot it.

Leave a comment:

• Boomer
    replied
    Originally posted by kermit
    I see you have never driven through the Curragh Camp.

Defence Act 1954, Section 268
    If any person, without lawful authority, makes or attempts to make any sketch,
    drawing, photograph, picture, painting, model or note of any fort, battery, field work,
    fortification or any military work of defence, aerodrome, barracks, post, magazine,
    munition factory, stores depot or any other Government property occupied or partly
    occupied by the Defence Forces or any portion thereof, such person shall be guilty of an
    offence under this subsection and shall be liable on summary conviction thereof to a fine
    not exceeding £1,000 or, at the discretion of the court, imprisonment for any term not
    exceeding twelve months, and all sketches, drawings, photographs, pictures, paintings,
    models and notes and all tools and all materials or apparatus for sketching, drawing,
    photographing, painting or modelling found in his possession shall be forfeited and may
    be destroyed, sold or otherwise disposed of as a Minister of State directs.
    I have, and was told while there I could safely ignore the said notices.

They are not erected at every entrance anyway to the best of my knowledge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X