An Cosantoir and the reserve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Cosantoir and the reserve

I have been subscribing to an cosantoir for many years now . I enjoy reading the magazine and reading about what our brothers in arms in the PDF are up to.
    what I am dissapointed about is the lack of content about the reserve.
    As we make up a substantial proportion of the defence forces, why does an cosantoir not reflect this.
    This issue seems to be getting worse in recent years, has an cosantoir become a PDF magazine
    or is it still a defence forces magazine?
    Has Any body else noticed this?

An Cosantoir will try and cover

: stuff they are notified about

: Articles people send in

If you want to get something published write 300 words about something you did in the RDF, attach a few pics and send it in.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

If you unit is running an large exercise / course contact An Cosantoir and they will send an Photographer and/or Journalist to cover the event.

Have never found them to anti RDF
      They need to be sent the information in before they can publish or need to be made aware the event is taking place
      I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
        An Cosantoir will try and cover

: stuff they are notified about

: Articles people send in

If you want to get something published write 300 words about something you did in the RDF, attach a few pics and send it in.
        +1

Countless editors on An Cosantóir have, in reply to your point, abhaile, stated that they will
        publish RDF related articles, should they get them

I have found the present editor to be very amenable. Sent in queries regarding the new
        online An Cosantóir (www.dfmagazine.ie) and he replied to me on a SATURDAY, on one
        occasion. Sent in a couple of pics which were put up on the site
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by abhaile View Post
          I have been subscribing to an cosantoir for many years now . I enjoy reading the magazine and reading about what our brothers in arms in the PDF are up to.
          what I am dissapointed about is the lack of content about the reserve.
          As we make up a substantial proportion of the defence forces, why does an cosantoir not reflect this.
          This issue seems to be getting worse in recent years, has an cosantoir become a PDF magazine
          or is it still a defence forces magazine?
          Has Any body else noticed this?
          I disagree sorry, I think An Cos is very balanced

Infact I find the Mag more interesting the past few months than anytime before and I too am collecting it years (many years)

..interesting developments make interesting articles..

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Mayne View Post
            I disagree sorry, I think An Cos is very balanced

Infact I find the Mag more interesting the past few months than anytime before and I too am collecting it years (many years)

..interesting developments make interesting articles..
            I seem to be in the minority here , in the last 3 years we have had major developments in the RDF with the Integrated reserve and the training off reservists for overseas deployment ,where were the an cosantoir reporters while these "interesting developments were happening. I am sure the magazine have there own reporters and do not depend solely on the wriiten word from the troops
            while I dont want to detract from the superb job the PDF do both here and overseas,and the superb articles that have been written about these i dont believe that An cosantoir provides a balanced view of the entire defence forces

Comment

It could do with more in relation to the RDF...but as the boys said you have tinform them!!! the mag has come on so much in the last 3 years,,,i love it!!!

gettin it years too!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abhaile View Post
                I seem to be in the minority here , in the last 3 years we have had major developments in the RDF with the Integrated reserve and the training off reservists for overseas deployment ,where were the an cosantoir reporters while these "interesting developments were happening. I am sure the magazine have there own reporters and do not depend solely on the wriiten word from the troops
                while I dont want to detract from the superb job the PDF do both here and overseas,and the superb articles that have been written about these i dont believe that An cosantoir provides a balanced view of the entire defence forces
                I'm not sure if they have reporters per say, an inhouse magazine for a medium sized organisation, like the Df will always rely on contributers.

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                  I'm not sure if they have reporters per say, an inhouse magazine for a medium sized organisation, like the Df will always rely on contributers.
                  A couple of the staffers do occasionally write articles. But in the main, the
                  articles are contributed by readers of the magazine. I' m sure this month's,
                  which I' ve been informed, arrived today, will be no different
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

(received this e-mail)

An Cosantóir Online

An Cosantóir are always looking for articles from our subscribers on the Defence Forces & military related topics.

Send in an article

Do you have an interesting story or event you would like to highlight?

If so, e-mail the magazine.

Defence Forces Ireland
                    An Cosantóir, PR Section
                    Dublin, 7

Comment

Would be nice to know the email address too though :D

Comment

I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

yeah, ive always found them to be very balanced and very helpful with queries. i was asking about getting a subscription and they replied 1) on the same day and 2) on a friday evening (there were two instances, wasnt the same time )
                          I knew a simple soldier boy.....
                          Who grinned at life in empty joy,
                          Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
                          And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
                          With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
                          He put a bullet through his brain.
                          And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
                          Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
                          Sneak home and pray you'll never know
                          The hell where youth and laughter go.