Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question re PDF Infantry Batallions

Hi

If it's not going to be a breach of national Security can someone tell me please what is the notional or paper structure of the regular PDF infantry battallions of which there are supposed to be 9.

What I'm looking for is stuff like

1 HQ Company
    1 Weapons Company (incl Javelin .5 inch HMG's etc)
    3 X Rifle Companies

I'm just curious to know.

Thanks

The Army is organised on conventional military lines providing a sufficiently flexible structure to carry out all the roles assigned by Government. The Army is a standing force and provides the primary capabilities for joint military operations at home and combined military Peace Support Operations abroad.

Any further breakdown the isn't already in the public domain is restricted
    Last edited by DeV; 16 May 2009, 17:41.

Comment

There is a book called "Irish Army Orders of Battles", by Adrian J English, available via Amazon that gives a breakdown to platoon level.

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
        Never heard of it.
        i think he means support company
        Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

You can download the book for $9 approx from http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/cgi-bin...v20-eBook.html

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
            i think he means support company
            I think he was being sarcastic. Anyway, as Dev has already said:

Any further breakdown the isn't already in the public domain is restricted
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Cheers guys thanks that page on Military.ie covers what I was looking for.

Comment

Working...
              X