Girl trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by concussion View Post
    Imagine your local barracks - now add a few hundred sheep wandering around, crapping everywhere, getting caught in fences and being hit by vehicles. It's quite an important (thought admittedly crap) duty in an open facility like the Curragh.

They use the worlds oldest Nissan - the better wardens never get out but herd them from behind the wheel, no matter where the sheep are
    I hope I get to do the sheep warden duty there during camp, handiest detail ever methinks!
    Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
      I hope I get to do the sheep warden duty there during camp, handiest detail ever methinks!
      D'ya reckon ? Methinks if any of the wooly marauders get through the
      defences better known as the automated barriers and cattle grids, then
      their deposits will be there for you, as the person responsible, to clean
      up !!!

In fact, chances are that the reason this blew up in the first place is
      because someone in authority walked in one of the aforementioned
      deposits en route to the mess....
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Methinks if any of the wooly marauders get through the
        defences better known as the automated barriers and cattle grids,
        Well .. if is not the word.. The sheep were still on site today..One walked straight across a square in front of me today..and not a warden in sight (nor a Sgt Major..well there was one but it wasn't his square )..although there were a few snipers beginning to get that certain warm glow about them.

Sheep shit ad nauseum.
        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

It's so much more entertaining when there's also a regiment on parade
          "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Hey Hedgehog, You are right I am not there but I still pay taxes so I can comment on how my money is being spent. Relax dont be so defensive , admit it it is pure comedy , bahhh, bahh, etc

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
              Hey Hedgehog, You are right I am not there but I still pay taxes so I can comment on how my money is being spent. Relax dont be so defensive , admit it it is pure comedy , bahhh, bahh, etc
              Its not comedy

you said you were once a Soldier so you know

that orders no matter how much we love or loathe them still have to be adhered to

as for the Chad sports- that was explained and you as an native of the region should

know better
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                Well it is a bit of a farce that someone is drafted to do a duty that is practically a redundant one.
                Herding sheep...when there is no need. If people want to avoid accidents, as has already said by someone else, then reduce your speed.

As to the sheep causing a problem in the curragh, they're animals. They are not likely to interfere with training because their instinct is to run away from people.

Likewise for range practice, because they would have been herded off beforehand.

It is stupid to have someone allocated for a duty like that.
                Hmmmm, you're not based in the curragh are you?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                  As to the sheep causing a problem in the curragh, they're animals. They are not likely to interfere with training because their instinct is to run away from people...
                  Mmmm. The sheep in the Curragh would be as likely to ask you for the price of
                  a pint, as run away from you....
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Whatever about sheep, cattle run towards explosions.
                    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Working...
                    X