No PAY today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PAY today

The DoD didnt pay anyone on camp this wk in the west , how about other brigade areas?
    This actually has legal implications !

There's a load of reasons why this might have happened. And Galway refuse to talk to the people who they should be paying.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The person to contact if you haven't been paid is your Cadre CQ (they are your paymaster).

Comment

Wrong. In the rank I hold I've been refused to converse when trying to get pay for my men.

Comment

The only person they will talk to is the unit paymasters (cadre CQs). In fairness to them that is there "chain of command/communications", otherwise anyone could ring in and say they did a manday and try and get payment for it.

They will not even talk to an individual if they have changed their account details, it has to be via the paymaster.

The only thing they used to talk to an individual about was a statement of earnings for Revenue (strangely they always used to ask me how many days I had done?!). This is no longer a requirement as we now get P60s.

Comment

The Same happened me in the south, but it was expected (for me anyway) because the paperwork was sent off a few hours late, I will get it next week though.
            I probably am wrong, sorry about that!!!

Please PM me to correct me.

But, not if I state an opinion, only if I state something as truth!!!

I have bad opinions but I stick by them!!!

Comment

We were informed that there was an upgrade conducted on their systems which led to a loss of details. Personnell will be paid next week. This affected the two S Bde units and and not the E. Bde unit who were training.
              "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

A similar upgrade affected some civil service payslip systems on friday, however nobody lost out on pay..AFAIK

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  A similar upgrade affected some civil service payslip systems on friday, however nobody lost out on pay..AFAIK
                  You can be guaranteed that an unholy stink would have been raised VERY quickly, had
                  this occurred
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

everyone should go through the proper chain of command;
                    therefore, the sub-unit commander should be the ultimate recipient of a complaint from a reservist;
                    sub-unit commanders are responsible for the welfare of his/her troops;
                    he/she is paid handsomely and is at the higher end of the food chain gratuity wise;
                    a sub-unit commander worth his/her salt should then drop it in the CO's lap;
                    the CO, in turn, should simultaneously have been made aware of the situation by the cadre CQ if the CQ had knowledge of the matter;
                    ultimately, its the CO's responsibility to ensure his/her troops are paid;
                    an explanation, and apology, from the CO is the minimum the troops deserve;
                    in how many instances did this happen?
                    every member of rdfra affected by this negligence should make a written complaint to the representative organisation;
                    or should we take this lying down like sheep?
                    if we don't have respect for ourselves then we can't expect civil servants in DOD to have any respect for us!
                    i bet those responsible for the mess didn't go without;
                    i wonder has anyone other than reservists not been paid for the period in question?
                    so much for the 'payment of wages act'.
                    why should a recruit return home from camp penniless?
                    why am i so angry about this foul-up?
                    because some time back my payment for security duties and camps were lodged into a long defunct bank a/c and i had to sort it out myself with the relevant bank and by god it was hell;
                    did my military masters or the civil servants responsible give a damn?
                    not likely!

Comment

I haven't been paid at all for two weeks camp and am in the Western Brigade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobert View Post
                        I haven't been paid at all for two weeks camp and am in the Western Brigade.
                        to describe your situation as a disgrace would be an understatement;
                        is there any provision for you to be paid an 'advance';
                        maybe the 'unit fund' could be utilised for this purpose?
                        i suggest you contact your local rdfra rep immediately and request him/her to pursue this through the brigade committee, and further up the totem pole if necessary;
                        when i was i/c of a bde pnco cse some years ago one of the students wasn't paid in the first week;
                        i was embarrassed and disgusted that the student was let down on my watch;
                        i 'advanced' him out of my own pocket as nothing else could be achieved for him on the friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend;
                        i felt it was my duty to look after 'my man';
                        what has the organisation come to when people are left unpaid two weeks running?
                        the rdfra website is silent on the matter but it does advise that the 'winter 2008 newsletter is now available for download';
                        i think we're back to being treated as 'sandbags' again!

Comment

maybe the 'unit fund' could be utilised for this purpose?
                          Not allowed under the regulations [ it specifically says you can't do this ]

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                            Not allowed under the regulations [ it specifically says you can't do this ]
                            i wasn't aware of the restriction; thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by bagel View Post
                              is there any provision for you to be paid an 'advance';
                              What do you do then when people don't turn up.

i suggest you contact your local rdfra rep immediately and request him/her to pursue this through the brigade committee, and further up the totem pole if necessary;
                              It is more than likely an admin error either on the person's or their units behave, eg:

PPSN not supplied
                              Bank Account not supplied
                              Change in Bank Account (we had a case of a bank closing someones account for no reason)
                              Cadre CQ leaving someone off payroll
                              etc etc

i 'advanced' him out of my own pocket as nothing else could be achieved for him on the friday afternoon of a bank holiday weekend;
                              i felt it was my duty to look after 'my man';
                              I would too if I could afford it as I wouldn't see someone go short but it actually isn't allowed under DFR A7

The long & the short of it is it shouldn't happen but when it does it is usually easily resolved.

Comment

Working...
                              X