Cadre size - warning no posts of restricted info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadre size - warning no posts of restricted info

RDF Reduced by 2 brigades to one the Cadre Saving would be fairly near the 300 mark and 200 more from natural wasteage would not be hard to fill:

2 Brigades and these are only approximates and I may have forgotten some corp but it gives an idea:

Cadre for 2 RAR approx= 50
    Cadre for 6 Bn approx=150
    Cadre for 2 Cav approx= 16
    Cadre for 2 SIG Approx= 16
    Cadre 2 Losgs approx = 60
    Cadre 2 Eng approx = 16
    Cadre 2 MP approx= 16

Total Cadre 324

Originally posted by goc132 View Post
    Cadre for 6 Bn approx=150
    Based on that is 25 cadre per Inf Bn!!! Not sure what establishment figure is but in my unit the strength is less than 75% of that figure and some of them are in addition.

Comment

GOC those numbers are way out of line, at least for 2 E Bde. As Dev says the Cadre strength for us would be in the teens.
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

In Infantry units (in the East) thats even too much.

Comment

the reserve cav sqn in the south now only have 2 cadre.so i think the figures dont add up like all of the defence forces whats on paper is different to what you actually have
          Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

The eastern medical company has 1 cadre assigned
            I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Cadre reduction

In 2005, the model for PDF Cadre was 299, for 3 Bdes + RDFTA.
              So, the above proposal is a bit off the mark.

The Minister has already identified the Cadre qty & rank by Bde, in the Dail 2 weeks ago.

The main issue the DF is having is those that are SWA & Long Term Attached, which in May 2009 total 151. Of course for stupidity reasons, the new model almost removed the establishment of Ptes, hence we have 61 Ptes SWA from the FCA.

The Actual gazzetted appts of 299 is of 270 strength, which is below the approved figure.

So, what we don't see on the Trg nights is those LTA, e.g in the E Bde there are 9 officers (6 Capts) in this category, yet no Capts in an official gazetted role. Why ?

Comment

As ltsmarty says, Cadre sizing can be found at the bottom of

http://forum.irishmilitaryonline.com...t=12625&page=9

As for captains, as usual there are very few captains in the PDF, we haven't had a permanent [ main job ] cadre captain in 4 or more years. Our guys double job, as do most PDF officers.

Comment

Originally posted by ltsmarty View Post
                  The main issue the DF is having is those that are SWA & Long Term Attached, which in May 2009 total 151. Of course for stupidity reasons, the new model almost removed the establishment of Ptes, hence we have 61 Ptes SWA from the FCA.
                  In my pre reorg unit we have 3 privates - 1 is still with the unit (in an appointment), 1 transferred and the other went on his ticket, why didn't this happen with other units!!!

Why are these people allowed to do this??

Comment

Minister Smith

All cadre got their 'Get out of Jail Card' by the above in 04, by PDFORRA lobbying.
                    Therefore, with the new reduced establishment of Ptes, they could not be moved,transferred or retired, and as a result were borne as SWA.

Further to the 61 SWA, there is also 30 LTA. Of the 151 SWA & LTA, 91 are Ptes. (60%)

One has to examine the reasoning for eliminating the Storeman/Dvr appt that existed in each sub-unit in the FCA (which probably has the highest fill rate), coupled with the Ministers decision in 04, hence the overhead of where we are now !

Comment

I'm minded of the current An Cosantor where some Donegal PDF lads`[ Not Cadre, regular lads ... commuting [ 150 miles or more a day ] is mentioned [ since Rockhill closed ] .
                      Last edited by trellheim; 20 July 2009, 14:15.

Comment

Originally posted by ltsmarty View Post
                        All cadre got their 'Get out of Jail Card' by the above in 04, by PDFORRA lobbying.
                        Therefore, with the new reduced establishment of Ptes, they could not be moved,transferred or retired, and as a result were borne as SWA.

Further to the 61 SWA, there is also 30 LTA. Of the 151 SWA & LTA, 91 are Ptes. (60%)

One has to examine the reasoning for eliminating the Storeman/Dvr appt that existed in each sub-unit in the FCA (which probably has the highest fill rate), coupled with the Ministers decision in 04, hence the overhead of where we are now !
                        Wouldn't mind but they are probably the people most needed!!

Comment

The Green Party are all talk about emissions and to cut them down what about all the Military personal having to travel extra miles to work in new barracks. The Greens Party are only in it for the pensions and power there full of crap.

Comment

Working...
                          X