Swine Flu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine Flu?

Read in the Sun about Swine Flu somewhere in Wicklow.

Is there any truth to this story? Being the Sun and all I doubt it, but two people told me that it is true.

It is possible that it has hit Wicklow. I heard a certain course that was being run in the area is being sent home today as a precaution
    Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

i can confirm those rumours

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
        It is possible that it has hit Wicklow. I heard a certain course that was being run in the area is being sent home today as a precaution
        The Cse in question has been relocated.
        Last edited by Vickers; 17 August 2009, 15:29.
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

1 only know 1 person in the job with it or rather who had it

and he was a PA

I still chuckle at the thought of it
          Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
          Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
          The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
          The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
          The best lack all conviction, while the worst
          Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

According to the paper 1 guy is in Naas Hospital.

The unit is training in the Glen.

The "Military Base" is on "lock down" with a "team of army medics" monitoring the situation.

Originally posted by Vickers View Post
            ?????????????? Sounds about right then!!
            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by Vickers View Post

The place of relocation appears to be more depressing than the thought of swine flu

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                The place of relocation appears to be more depressing than the thought of swine flu
                I agree
                "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Military Camp is the Latest Swine Flu Casualty
                  Irish Independent
                  Tuesday 18 Aug 2009

Earlier yesterday the Defence Forces were forced to shut down a training camp amid fears of sparking a swine flu outbreak.

Army chiefs abandoned plans for a week-long event for 240 reservists at their Glen of Imaal base in the Wicklow mountains over concerns about the spread of the disease.

A female Army reservist from the 65th Reserve Infantry Battalion was struck down with symptoms of the H1N1 virus shortly after arriving at the training camp last Friday.

She was rushed to Naas General Hospital, where her symptoms were confirmed as swine flu on Sunday.

A second female member of the unit, which trains on a part-time basis, also began showing signs of the virus on Sunday. She was discharged from hospital overnight, and it is not yet known whether she tested positive.

"The whole training camp has been cancelled," an Army spokesman said. The Defence Forces has closely followed the advice of the Health Services Executive, while its own medical staff also attended Coolmoney Camp, Co Wicklow.
                  The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                  (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

now de rest of de week is a sincgar course, yay

Comment

for the 65th or the PNCOs?

Comment

The 65th SP Coy is in McKee now, but don't knw bout the other companies..
                        Very quick response by camp staff in isolating the incident & notifying reservists who had left camp & members of the 5th who were on exercise in camp about the situation.
                        Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

just 65th, dont no wat pncos are doin, anyway they have loads of time not like der gonna get promoted anytime soon lol

Comment

possible suspect swine flue in Athlone as well.
                            Lock and load

Comment

for the 65th

Comment

Working...
                              X