Replacement medals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement medals

Hi troops, just wondering if anybody has any idea where one would purchase replacement/spare overseas medals and ribbons??
    i've trawled the net but all i seem to be able to find are yank and brit medals that don't cover all the irish missions eg timor, liberia even the irish UN medal.

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers

www.mmi.ie

These guys make medals for the UN and Irish Army. Based in Dublin. They may be able to help you if you give them a call.

Comment

Your UN medals can be replaced by filling out the appropriate form that should be available through your company office. There used to be a $5 charge per medal. Or you could go here...

http://shop.ebay.ie/?_from=R40&_trks...Nations+medals
      The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
      (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

Cheers guys

Comment

Or could they be handed into a jewellers or trophy shop?
          As all you are lookign for is the ribbon, all you would need is the fabric for them.

Comment

Replacements

If your still serving you can pick up ribbons very easily, usually within your own barracks for a small cost. I certainly had no issue getting replacement ribbons, they were sold in the canteen!

UN medals, as one post already stated are available via a form and a few quid. Service medals, go through your unit, as a service medal is a personal issue. If your not serving any more try DFHQ to steer you in the right direction

Comment

The dry canteen in McKee used to sell the ribbons. Not the medals though.

Comment

While we're taking about medals, does anyone have contact details for someone who will mount my medals for me? If he/she is a serving member please send by PM. Cheers in advance.

Comment

Just sent you by pm phone no and name of person who will mount them for you.
                  Lock and load

Comment

Originally posted by EL_CAPATIANO View Post
                    Just sent you by pm phone no and name of person who will mount them for you.
                    Could you do the same for me please

My medals could do with a spring clean

thanks
                    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                    Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                    The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                    The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                    The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                    Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Hi there! Does anybody know where I can get a copy of my ribbons made in enamel?

Comment

Working...
                      X