• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    GoneToTheCanner
    C/S

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    We've always kept a few Norn Iron types on hand, keeps the bounders in check, doncha know
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• spider
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Hi
    A well known flyover about half a mile from the Don was built by a Norn Iron company and the steel work for the job was done in that well-known centre of religious equality, Harland and Wolff. The foreman for the job was quoted in the papers as saying " I didn't know we'd get such a nice reception(from ****entaigs in the ****ensouth)".....
    We're in the EU.get over it.
    regards
    GttC
    And of course that other ' well known centre of religious equality ' in Belfast, the old Shorts Brothers refurbished aircraft for ' The ' Don ' in the 1920's and 30's.

BTW, how many ' jaffas ' worked / work in the ' Don ?

Leave a comment:

• flash bang
    replied
    Seeing as we're all Europeans I'm off to Newery the weekend to do my grocery shop. Lol

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied
    Its amazing the lads who refuse to accept that their is a border

32 counties- 4 green fields etc.

and then when something like this kicks in the claim- why give it to a foreign country...

Leave a comment:

• Aidan
    Closed Account

• Aidan
    replied
    Either that, or it was the result of some really low flying in a Marchetti!

I'm glad to see people are being so sensible about this contract - in difficult economic times it's not easy for everyone to keep a sense of perspective. There's a larger lesson here too - open markets save the tax payer money.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
    Hi
    A well known flyover about half a mile from the Don....
    Did they ever nail the clown who clipped the underside of same one night with a too tall
    truck/load ???

Leave a comment:

• GoneToTheCanner
    C/S

• GoneToTheCanner
    replied
    Hi
    A well known flyover about half a mile from the Don was built by a Norn Iron company and the steel work for the job was done in that well-known centre of religious equality, Harland and Wolff. The foreman for the job was quoted in the papers as saying " I didn't know we'd get such a nice reception(from ****entaigs in the ****ensouth)".....
    We're in the EU.get over it.
    regards
    GttC

Leave a comment:

• flash bang
    replied
    ok shame on you civil servants.....

Leave a comment:

• Steyr Fan
    replied
    I obviously was mistaken to think that we lived in Europe:confused:

Leave a comment:

• Ex Brit
    Recruit

• Ex Brit
    replied
    Doesnt matter where he is from The contractor will be obliged (by law) to pay his workers the Registered Employment Agreement Rates of pay for the construction industry enrol them in the pension scheme etc. Ihope he factored it into his tender as the contract from dept would mention it.

Leave a comment:

• Groundhog
    Chief of the Diet Tribe

• Groundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
    I don know what the big issue is here lads.
    The big issue is probably that a County Councillor from Ballyshannon has a cousin who's a building contractor and he's miffed because he didn't get the job.

Leave a comment:

• Truck Driver
    Captain

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
    is it true you Dubs call the 27th the chinese army because they have so many bodys?
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    No Comment

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    Closed Account

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
    is it true you Dubs call the 27th the chinese army because they have so many bodys?
    There's a few names for the 27th, I refuse to discuss specifics though.

Leave a comment:

• northie
    Sergeant Major

• northie
    replied
    Originally posted by paul g View Post
    This thread is totally pointless, basically the complaint is that a number of firms in the region tendered for a contract offered by the defence forces, one in Omagh, a lot closer to Finner than most parts of the republic, won it.

Would there be a thread if the British army tendered for some building work and a firm in Dundalk won it, its called the free market gents.
    Exactly. Kingspan from Co.Cavan won a contract to do part of the MI6 HQ building in London.
    northie
    Sergeant Major
    Last edited by northie; 27 August 2009, 00:42.

Leave a comment:

• B Inman
    Sergeant Major

• B Inman
    replied
    Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Depends if you are ex 27 Bn and if your bigger than me,

if so- hell no.

I thought you were ex 5 Bn though?
    My parent unit was 2 Field Sigs but I spent a lot time attached to Inf units. Served at different times attached to 5Bn 27Bn and 29Bn. It was not unusual to have Sig Corps personnel attached to the 70s/early 80s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X