Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE]Originally posted by T.I.M.
    MP`s DONT do a pots course as we know it.... they do the provost marshall course and get one of them lovely hats and a bad attitude at the end of it!

You are right T.I.M, P/A's don't do pots course's as you know it, they do an 18 month probationers course covering all on the pots course except tactics (MOI, foot and Arms drill ,provost ops and much more).The tactics end is covered as a recruit and two star and the grand finale of the 18 months is a 48 hour ex .
    As someone who's done both the probationers and the pots (the glen '98 fmolloy will remember that one), the 2 weeks on the pots may have been hard work but it was only two weeks .Try doing it every week for 18 months, that takes a bit more commitment .
    The lovely hats as you call it is something we work hard to get. The bad attitude is something we save especially for people with the lack of grasp to realise we too have a job to do.

[MOD: Touche! Keep responses civil]

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman
      They squarebash etc, but also do some tactical MP stuff, investigation procedure, supposedly read up on military law and learn how to open and close gates, 50 times a night on camp. oh and park traffic at shoots.
      You forgot the bit on how to beat, eh, handle prisoners and deal with a company load of drunken RDF types in the middle of the night.
      Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Moving to Dublin

Hi All,

Just a few questions for ya.. Im moving to Dublin next week and Id really like to transfer from my own RDF infantry unit "down da country" to the Cavalry unit in Dublin. Its Cathal Brugha yeah?

Im a corporal, so Im just wondering what the story would be with transferring, and courses etc. Id like to get to do some driving, FFRs, Trucks etc, and in all my 5 years in the RDF I still havent got near any APCs.

I only ever got a basic issue of DPMs, so Im wondering do I ask my own unit for all the stuff I should have got.. Nametags, Fleeces, etc or do I wait until Im transferred?

How do I go about getting into the Cav anyway? Is it a case of just going there on a parade night and introducing myself and taking it from there?

Thanks!
        Boots
        :D

Comment

Sorry kermit.. I meant AML's.. Armour of any sort.

Comment

Cav in the Brugha v. good unit.
            "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The 11th Cav are a good unit

Comment

Re: Moving to Dublin

Originally posted by Boots
                I only ever got a basic issue of DPMs, so Im wondering do I ask my own unit for all the stuff I should have got.. Nametags, Fleeces, etc or do I wait until Im transferred?
                If your unit hear you are transferring, you will get NOTHING!!! They will not issue you anything if they think you are moving. However, being a corporal, you should have all of it anyway. I think your Q is holding out on you.

Comment

Good call on the cav idea, another unusual plus is the possibility of DR courses(bikes). Anyone know do ANY other RDF units have bikes?

Comment

P.A.s

Regards etc

Comment

Cheers for the info Docman..
                      SO, what do I do to get the bits and pieces I'll need?
                      I didnt get the stuff because I was away from my unit for 6 months or so due to college.

Now I know Im moving to Dublin, so is it best to do with the gear I have and then ask my new unit for it after a while?

Comment

They 'll give you the most important thing , your glengarry, and for God's sake ask them to show you how to crease it properly, or you'll end up lookin' like a scottish biscuit tin. you know:
                        im roamin' in the gloamin' on the bonny banks of clyde!
                        either way enjoy your time with one of the best.
                        "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Comment

Originally posted by cav
                          They 'll give you the most important thing , your glengarry
                          How is a piece of shaped cloth with a metal badge on it "the most important thing"?
                          I realise it makes it easy to distinguish members of the cav from real soldiers but come on...the most important thing!

Regards etc

Comment

Maybe I am suited to the cav.. Ive had family in the PDF Cav and they have thought me how sacred the Glengarry is! I'll be sure to treat it with the respect it deserves if/when I get it.

Some nametags and a norweigan would be nice too though. :(

Comment

What area of Dublin you moving too/working in?

Comment

Rathmines, So it couldnt be handier really.

Comment

Working...
                                X