Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer

Hi Folks

I have moved up to Laois from wicklwo where I was with 10Inf. Can I transfer to artillery 3 in Templemore? What formalities are required?

Thanks for your help

Laois

I did the opposite in 1992 (moving from Artillary to Infantry). The process is quite simple, you turn up on their parade night (preferably in uniform), report to the regiment/battery office, identify yourself and tell them you want to transfer. It would be helpful if you could give them a name of one of your cadre staff (as the actual paperwork transfer is done during work hours by cadre), it would also be helpful to have informed your former unit of your intention.

As regards to what you can do. Well it depends on your rank, fortunately Artillary units have within their establishment appointments which are "infantry based" so you will be able to retain your rank, however to actualy take part in gun crews, OPs, CPs etc you will have to pass the required course (some are internal and some are performed by the Artillary School).

Once it has been established that you are who you say you are, you should be able to attend training nights while your paperwork is being transfered. It took 3 months for my paperwork to work its way to the 20 Bn in 1992 (and I insisted on wearing my old unit flash and being referred to as Gunner until my transfer was published).

Comment

Call up to their parading night sometime in civvies,meet the cadre staff and discuss with them your intention to transfer. They should tell you the situation. Try to meet some of the unit members also of your own rank if possible..just to make your assimilation easier..
      Most people I have found are only to happy to welcome an experienced member.
      Be sure to mention it to your own cadre staff too. Nothing can delay these things than cadre staff hearing things second hand..Its a simple procedure usually

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Last edited by posiedon; 28 January 2004, 20:37.

Comment

To be fair to the powers that be..In our case there are certain unique circumstances.
          Most transfers (that I know of) can take a while. I know of one individual who paraded with a unit for almost 2 years somewhere along the way deciding he may as well transfer. By the time the transfer got through he had moved back to his old unit! That was an Infantry-artillery move also.
          The main thing is to get a foot in the door,so they have a face to put to the paperwork..

Comment

Transfer [MOD: Merge Thread]

Looks like Im off to a unit in Dublin in the next few weeks.

Can anyone tell me what gear Im supposed to have issued to me already? Ive a feeling Im missing bits and I reckon I should try have the full set before I go. I presume my new unit wont want to be issuing me stuff in the first year anyway!

Any thoughts?

Comment

Current RDFRA newsletter gives the complete list.

It can be downloaded from www.rdfra.ie in Adobe Acrobat format
              Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

The rdfra does not give the complete list,it gives a proposed list of what may be issued after intigration.

Comment

I don't think you're right Goldie Fish.

The RDFRA newsletter gives the existing issue on Enlistment and what extra is issued just prior to the first period of Full Time Training. This was effective from March 17 last year.

Bravo20, could you confirm?
                  Beart do reir ar mbriathar

Comment

Until R5 update or replace you are entitled only to what is in R5 Appendix G

(edit : if you are an Other Rank )
                    And before you start. That's what RDFRA have on their site - so it's all you can go on.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

That seems to refer to the old uniform though dosnt it?

Comment

that's why I said don't start
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The last documented DPM clothing issue list was

2 Shirts (1 initial and 1 before attending 1st annual training)
                          2 Trousers (1 initial and 1 before attending 1st annual training)
                          2 T shirts (initial)
                          1 Smock

As regards the other items (socks, boots etc) see R5 above.

Comment

And how about the norweigan fleece?

Comment

RE: Delta

:flagwave:

Delta, yes, the Norwegian fleece IS part of the initial issue... We won't be
                              getting the fleece jackets until the woolen jumper stock is exhausted, or
                              at least that's what I heard...

P.S: See your PM's.......
                              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Working...
                              X