• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spudula
    replied
    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
    What kind should I be looking at....

I was looking at the new Karrimor one, but it's not out in OG yet. I'll probably end up field testing it on the assessments, on Ogham Stone I finally decided to make the change and see what the difference might be.
    My my, how times have changed.....................

Check out posts: 70, 73, 77 and 80 in the "battle vests for use in the RDF" thread.

I accept your apology.................

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    Originally posted by paul View Post
    Just don't do what one particular officer did on Ogham Stone, wore a vest AND cefo.
    I once saw an individual wear 58 pat webbing and a chest rig...

He had to be relieved of some of it, later in the day..

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Just don't do what one particular officer did on Ogham Stone, wore a vest AND cefo.
    Wow... Just wow.

Leave a comment:

• Bam Bam
    replied
    Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• paul
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by spudula View Post
    Why would you want an Olive Green vest?? Whats wrong with a DPM one? Or have i got the meaning of OG wrong????

Ive been using the PROTAC one for about 2 years now and its great. Only problem i had was the utility pouch with the zip is a bit big. Other then that is fine. Weight distribution is much better the PLCE (no pouches hangin around your arse if you've no ammo in the ammo. pouches to counter the weight.)
    thats why i put lead in the ammo pouches! Its more realistic that way!!! ;-p

Leave a comment:

• spudula
    replied
    Why would you want an Olive Green vest?? Whats wrong with a DPM one? Or have i got the meaning of OG wrong????

Ive been using the PROTAC one for about 2 years now and its great. Only problem i had was the utility pouch with the zip is a bit big. Other then that is fine. Weight distribution is much better the PLCE (no pouches hangin around your arse if you've no ammo in the ammo. pouches to counter the weight.)

Leave a comment:

• SwiftandSure
    replied
    Well I recently went from selling my PLCE vest for a MOLLE chest rig. Reason being, I found the pouches a bit too small for carrying link. After seeing the MOLLE configs I thought it's a much better system which I can chop and change.

I got mine from www.uktactical.com

Having dealt with a clued in fella called Mark, I eventually got the following for £100+p&p (roughly €139 all in):
    1. 1x OD 901 Platform
    2. 2x OD Double open AK magazine pouches,
    3. 1x OD Double magazine pouch,
    4. 1x OD Smoke grenade pouch,
    5. 1x OD Adjustable Radio pouch,
    6. 1x OD LMG pouch
    7. 1x OD Large general utility pouch
    8. 1x OD Admin panel with pouch.
    9. 1x OD Large dump pouch
    10. 1x OD Command panel
    11. 3x Grimlock

I went for chest rig over the MOLLE vest because the rig is 16 MOLLE wide where as the vest only offers 6 MOLLE loops on either side.

AK open mag pouches becasue the M4 open pouches are too tight on a Steyr mag! (yes I tried it and sent them back to be swapped for AK pouches)

They actually have proper Marconi PRR pouches, which I didn't see when I ordered, so I would have got that over the adjustable pouch.

The command panel is ideal for NCOs with maps and signallers with CNR diagrams!

The quality of the kit is very good from what I've seen on mine. I'd also recommend Warrior Assault Systems gear over Templar Assault Systems stuff; I have a bit of both and the Warrior stuff is just better.
    Last edited by SwiftandSure; 20 September 2009, 20:11.

Leave a comment:

• FoxtrotRK
    replied
    The 2Bn NCO rig-out of the string vest is only seen in the Ratzer since Tramco shut its doors. [ Or is it open again ? ]
    Nice of Hedge to model it in the picture though..

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    replied
    Uses : Normal RDF use, standard SIA/PIA infantry work.

The 2Bn NCO rig-out of the string vest is only seen in the Ratzer since Tramco shut its doors. [ Or is it open again ? ]

Leave a comment:

• Bam Bam
    replied
    http://www.zahal.org/?gclid=CKzGorDGgJ0CFZQA4wod9VRz1A

Go for a tried and true design

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied

I was looking at the new Karrimor one, but it's not out in OG yet. I'll probably end up field testing it on the assessments, on Ogham Stone I finally decided to make the change and see what the difference might be.
    Well, what kind are you looking for? Do you want a fully modular setup? Semi modular? Does it have to be a certain DPM or OD?

Leave a comment:

• hedgehog
    replied

The string vest is an all time classic of fashion

Leave a comment:

• trellheim
    started a topic Finally making the move to a vest.

Finally making the move to a vest.

Working...
X