Duty Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Pay

I have heard that people who do 24 hour security duties get paid extra. But how come medics that do 24 hour duties do not get paid any extra, even when the may as many as 3 a week?
    If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Good question - you ask any of your NCO's or anything?

Comment

I my slf have never been paid for any 24 hour duties, nor i believe has any one else I know of in the rdf...any one who has pls tell us how!!

Comment

Was there not a decision made last year to pay for duties?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well this is the comment made on rdfra.ie that lead me to the question,
          is the person compltely wrong or what?

"In looking over the pay entitlements due to members of the reserve, I see included payment for those on Security Duty. I would assume this means the soldiers on duty in the Guard Room, and the members of the Stand To Party who are on duty for 24hrs. My question is if it does, why are they not being paid what they are entitled to. These are not volunteer positions during a camp as the are assigned by the Sgt Major on the first day."
          If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

As stated above, summer camps are considered training exercises and therefore do not qualify for duty pay. It is the same way when the PDF go on summer camps or training exercises, they do not get paid for duties on those occasions either. The only time RDF members get paid for duties is when they are on some kind of active service such as orderly officer at a regular military establishment. This also holds true for subsistance allowances which are normally paid to soldiers when they are outside barracks for more than 5 hours. PDF soldiers who go on RDF summer camps do duties while on those camps and are normally not paid for those duties either.

Comment

well i know in my case when we are required to cover for security duties we get a camp for it.ie we are mobbed do 2 duties during a week get de-mobbed and paid. the only problem with that is that we loose loads of mandays which the dept don't tend to give back without one hell of a fight.

Comment

Where an FCA person performs a duty at a post where that duty would normally attract duty allowance then that person is entitled to the duty allowance. Kilworth and Coolmooney do not normally attact a duty allowance however Collins Barracks or Cathal Brugha would. Camp is secondary.

Comment

Security duties while on camp with the RDF are seen as part of annual training an as such are not payable as such.
                  While called up to do Duties in a PDF post and paid for camp for the same period you are also entitled to the security duty allowance as this money has already been allocated to this post for this function and if not claimed goes into the barrack fund...Your own unit may not pay you for this duty as they are not employing you to carry out the duty but the unit that posts you on the duty is lable for your pay.so while you may chase it through your own admin office it is actually under the control of the occupying unit
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                  X