Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries

Can anyone confirm the batteries both the PRR and Kite sights take?

I'm nearly certain they are both 1.5V (ie AA)

Originally posted by DeV View Post

Confirmed

Comment

Kite sights definately AA

Comment

PRR and Kite are AA's. There is a lithium coin cell in the PRR remote PTT but I dont know which one off the top of my head.
        Last edited by Muzzle; 1 October 2009, 12:13.

Comment

Can anyone confirm the batteries both the PRR and Kite sights take?

If my memory of Inter Cert Chemistry serves me well, all of the commonly used dry batteries (AAA, AA, C, D) are 1.5 volts, the variation in how long they last dictates the larger size.
          CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Good old intercert chemistry,

But if you did Leaving cert chemistry you would have developed that theory.

Dry cell batteries, depending on their composition, give between 1.3 and 1.6V.

The size will be directly related to life when comparing like composed batteries.

Hence you have your standard Duracell and your Duracell plus.
            Same size but different duration.

Also the composition determines the maximum output. Standard AA batteries will not operate some equipment ar they don't have enough power.

So the morale of the tail.
            If you know the size battery, which in this case seems to be AA, but not the power required buy good batteries as they will work everything.
            Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Also AA batteries don't fit in spaces for AAA batteries and visa versa

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                So the morale of the tail.
                If you know the size battery, which in this case seems to be AA, but not the power required buy good batteries as they will work everything.
                Learnt this the hard way, bought a kodak digital camera. When the original batteries ran out it worked briefly on the replacements then packed up. One trip to Argos later, with the expectation of a replacement unit, I was better informed about batteries, because it needs Lithium batteries to operate (not mentioned in manual), and with them will take about 250 photos, less with flash.
                CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
                  Also AA batteries don't fit in spaces for AAA batteries and visa versa
                  Although technically correct.

With the aid of the matalised paper from inside a cigarette box AAAs can easily be nade work in place of AA. Won't last as long but wll get you out of a hole.

Using the whole ciggie box will act as a converter for uo to D bateries.
                  Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

For further reference, I was correct they both take AA 1.5V batteries.

Comment

For further reference, I was correct they both take AA 1.5V batteries.
                      You and everybody else! :wink:

Comment

Working...
                      X