X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck Driver
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin View Post
    The crowd assessing us were way too involved in the assault. One of them Halting us at one stage to give the sec commander the benefit of his years of experience. I have to wonder is it assessors we were supposed to have or directing staff?
    ... and this is exactly the type of feedback which should be going back to the Brigade HQ
    of the assessors concerned

Leave a comment:

• Muzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by happenin View Post
    Tha crowd assessing us were way too involved in the assault. One of them Halting us at one stage to give the sec commander the benefit of his years of experience. I have to wonder is it assessors we were supposed to have or directing staff?
    Yeah seen this on last 2 assessments, its not meant to be that way and the years of experience aren't always the good years. Its meant to be hands off unless your going off on a complete wrong axis. As I said earlier it would be better to split over seperate weekends and have one team assessing to one standard.
    Last edited by Muzzle; 13 October 2009, 20:12.

Leave a comment:

• happenin
    replied
    Was out by the feeding area on the ground on the sat night checking out my sgt's night vis gadget. Turned around to the coy harbor for a look. And there standing by the ditch looking at me with his night vis was Zulu.
    That was about as interesting as the assesment was for me. Tha crowd assessing us were way too involved in the assault. One of them Halting us at one stage to give the sec commander the benefit of his years of experience. I have to wonder is it assessors we were supposed to have or directing staff?

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    On the Sunday morning, any personal gear should either be on transport / locked in 1 billet for that platoon.

Camp should be cleared up, as each location has been cleaned and checked by who ever took over accomodiation it should be locked (to prevent it getting dirty again).

Leave 1 set of ablutions open for use.

Leave a comment:

• Traumagod
    replied
    My original gripe was the fact the ablutions were LOCKED when people got back off the ground, not that they had to be cleaned. I'm a sgt so I know about all the cleaning to be done prior to handover literally from the ground up.

Border Bunny, stop turning this into PDF versus RDF ok?? What are we supposed to do? Go "boo hoo poor PDF man"?? Cleaning is part of all the DF.

Leave a comment:

• Border Bunny
    replied
    Cleaning is part of army life right from the first day of Recruit training so get use to it.
    A PDF Private spends more time with a mop in his hands than a rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Bravo20
    replied
    In fairness guys, it doesn't matter whether you are PDF or RDF you have to take responsibility for your location and clean it when you leave. Do you have any idea how much dirt a couple of hundred people can cause in a short period of time. Having been there at take over and hand over times, places like the glen are clean at take over time, it always amazes me how after just a few hours after occupation that the ablutions can get in such a state.

Leave a comment:

• Barry
    replied
    In fairness to the camp staff, they're not all that bad - I had a very good experience this year with one of them, who went as far as to say "you did a good job on the first two, I'll trust you on the rest"

Leave a comment:

• Dazzler
    replied
    Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
    We got the same when we were down working with the YO's Course. I got caught for a CQ's Work Party before heading out on the ground and ended up cleaning the lines with a few other lads.

Holy jesus, you'd swear you were cleaning the Hilton the way the camp staff go on down there. You end up leaving the place cleaner than you got it, some of the folk inspecting are as bad as NCO's during Recruit Training. I'd never been so happy to see a shell scrape when I finally left there...
    I'd actually love to know how they get dirty BEFORE they are occupied when those feckers on Camp Staff force everyone to clean it so thoroughly!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hello Alaska
    replied
    Originally posted by Muzzle View Post
    Whats wrong is it happens every single time and there isnt one set of balls among anyone to do anything about it. I reckon the Snr NCO's and officers should clean the place and there would be a dramatic change the next time. There is also the question of how clean the camp when occupied versus handed back. Some conspiracy theorists would suggest that the place gets is spring clean when the RDF occupy it for Bde Ex's and Assessments, but that couldn't be true could it...?!
    We got the same when we were down working with the YO's Course. I got caught for a CQ's Work Party before heading out on the ground and ended up cleaning the lines with a few other lads.

Holy jesus, you'd swear you were cleaning the Hilton the way the camp staff go on down there. You end up leaving the place cleaner than you got it, some of the folk inspecting are as bad as NCO's during Recruit Training. I'd never been so happy to see a shell scrape when I finally left there...

Leave a comment:

• Dazzler
    replied
    Originally posted by Muzzle View Post
    Whats wrong is it happens every single time and there isnt one set of balls among anyone to do anything about it. I reckon the Snr NCO's and officers should clean the place and there would be a dramatic change the next time. There is also the question of how clean the camp when occupied versus handed back. Some conspiracy theorists would suggest that the place gets is spring clean when the RDF occupy it for Bde Ex's and Assessments, but that couldn't be true could it...?!
    It's when the RDF occupy PERIOD. EVERY time I am up there I end up cleaning like fcuk on the last day. I am always the first person packed and getting stuff ready because I want to get going.

Then I usually get the job of redoing the toilets and shower blocks because most people don't know how to do it.

The last time I was there I was given the task of Cleaning the Female abolutions including the 2 small showers on the right as you walk in. They were disgusting, there was actually blood, I can only assume a vaginal excretion on the floor of the shower and I was just sickened.

The Place had "already" been cleaned.

We, 2 of us because the rest had moved out while we were cleaning, had to shine up the damn taps and everything.

They opened a toilet that hadn't been open throughout our entire occupation of the camp and had us clean that, it was filthy.

But in the end the place was clean. After me and my mate did a second cleaning of all abolutions because the people who had cleaned them previously, (4 people were sent to do it), had just mopped really badly and left.

They were SPOTLESS when I left them. We weren't actually allowed to leave until they were either.

Leave a comment:

• DeV
    replied
    The answer??

Leave any civi gear in either home barracks/billet (people may have had to bring work clothes due to timings etc)

No need to draw blankets & sheets (they have all been issued sleeping bags). Then all you have to do is sweep it out and clean the ablutions.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie fish
    replied
    I remember one year the unit(and corps) I was with decided to pull out of Coolmooney a day early. The camp staff had a shit attack. We were on the road home by 11am thursday..

Leave a comment:

• ZULU
    replied
    Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
    Folks, on an aside, does anyone else think it was a disgrace that when the troops came back off the ground, the shower blocks had been cleaned and locked and people had been more or less evicted from the billets? Personally, I came back from the last drop off of A COY to find all my Gear packed (Not by me! Touchy subject for another time....) and left outside the door of my billet.

Any thoughts???
    Do as our Pln did. Go tactical the monet you leave your home unit. Bring every thing with you for the ground, don't get sheets/pillow cases and just use your bivy bag/sleeping bag.

Sweep the floor, grab your gear and go do the ex, come back, clean weapons, have a babywipe shower, get some grub and feck off.

Leave a comment:

• Muzzle
    replied
    Originally posted by fred the red View Post
    Wasnt the same question asked last year?

And will probably be asked next year!
    I think it was asked about Slaney last year but possibly the assessments as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X