tent for overseas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tent for overseas

could anyone gimme any insight were i would get a good quick pitch tent for chad.i know they are issued over there but i wud prefer to bring my own as i have heard most are damaged.

any info would be appreciated
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Like these?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

Like these?

ye one like that seems dead on,have you got a link for it mate
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Anything that's waterproofed but can be opened for ventilation is good. Towards the end of my trip Jan to may, we had rain and duststorms. So u need ventilation but mesh to keep the sand out.
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by irish kid View Post
          could anyone gimme any insight were i would get a good quick pitch tent for chad.i know they are issued over there but i wud prefer to bring my own as i have heard most are damaged.

What Sir really needs is one of these:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post

Like these?
            There huge, they go flat but your left with a two foot wide disk then and them ones arn't the best at being water proof, and by best I mean s**t, everyone I have ever seen used in the rain the people in it woke up just as wet as if they had slept without it.
            Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Herald View Post
              What Sir really needs is one of these:

I only asked a question,for those of you who answered politly,cheers.

[Edited by Mod; See PM]
              Last edited by Vickers; 23 October 2009, 10:52.
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

something like this?
                "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

For overseas I had a dome tent that could fit the bed into the tent itself

it was the guichi iest of guichi equipment
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Like the Austrians idea, If it gets wet to the extent of other pictures, at least you and your tent is up off the ground. Throw a bivvy over the tent and hey,presto water proof. Although by the looks of that picture I'd say they just left off the fly sheet.

Comment

in a similar vein:

If you're going to be mechanised (lash it up between 2 vehicles), or sleeping somewhere with trees/similar anchor points handy, I can definitely recommend the hennessy hammock. Incredibly comfortable nights sleep in them (better than any bed I've ever slept in), and they're smaller and lighter than most tents.

And the best thing is, they can even be put up in the back of an army truck

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                        in a similar vein:

If you're going to be mechanised (lash it up between 2 vehicles), or sleeping somewhere with trees/similar anchor points handy, I can definitely recommend the hennessy hammock. Incredibly comfortable nights sleep in them (better than any bed I've ever slept in), and they're smaller and lighter than most tents.

And the best thing is, they can even be put up in the back of an army truck
                        remember the wiclkow way is what i'm gonna say...

(i got wet in mine even though i was on a bivvy bag)
                        But there's no danger
                        It's a professional career
                        Though it could be arranged
                        With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
                        If you're out of luck you're out of work
                        We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

cheers lads fore the info,appreciated.

have found one here not to sure how practical is it,any thoughts?

SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by irish kid View Post

Honestly, dont waste your money dude. The tents in Chad are very good. They keep you dry when its wet and cool when its hot. True a lot of them are damaged but they are being replaced soon. And there is always enough to go around.

Comment

The issue tents are excellent providing you don't get 1 that is wrecked. Any holes can be taped up easily, the big problem is the zips. Gun oil helps sort them out but some are totally U/S. May be replaced now. If you are going in the dry season the Quickpitch thing is handy and will do the job.

The Hennessy hammock would be no good to you for a couple of reasons. a) 99% of the time you won't be beside 2 trees or bushes. b) if you are a line pte in a section you wont be anywhere near 2 vehicles beside each other. Also, you can't hang your tent off a vehicle for operational reasons in case of stand-to, if the vehicles have to move rapidly, mobile patrols etc.

Your main effort in the dry season is just something to keep the scoprions and other little ****s away from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X