PP Barry Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP Barry Competition

Anyone taking part in this years PP Barry? We had some training in Kilworth last Saturday for it and we did alright. 22.6 secs was our best time on the falling plates. Any idea of what time won it last year?
    Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

that thing is rigged ...will never participate again after I got locked up by the PAs in 96
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Only 2 weeks left to the competition. Who’s in the running for the cup this year? Every year they say that it’s the last year of the comp, but I think this year really may be.

There have been some huge changes to the corp. test, i.e. the mines identifying, there are about 25-30 to be learnt. That’s gona make things tough for every one but the engineers.

Originally posted by Commando69
      We had some training in Kilworth last Saturday for it and we did alright. 22.6 secs was our best time on the falling plates. Any idea of what time won it last year?
      Not sure what time won it, but that a good time, good enough to be in the running for the plates.

Comment

I`ll be there but wont be taking part.
        That sounds like a good enough time all the same
        Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
        http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Id say the 22nd will win they usually do. Our running isnt great though so that would hold us back. About four or five usually tear off and finish miles ahead of the rest and the last man/woman/person would come in about 26 minutes which is well below a good time
          Religion is like a puddle thinking that the hole in the ground that it sits in is so perfect for it that some higher being must have created it

Comment

thorpe....the eternal spectator......tyrns up for all the competitions but never partakes...you training the cheerleaders....seriously its great to see the supporters come out for these competitions.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I can make the camp for the training as I have got work and for once the bastards wont leave me off:(
              Iv` also job enployment on the sunday in the camp itself so ill be there saterday as well to say hello to all who I bump into from here.
              We can bearly put a team togehter for this nevere mind cheerleaders:(

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14

Comment

I was talking to a couple of lads from the 15th Bn yesterday and they must be ****in supermen cos they claimed they ran 2.5 miles in 10 minutes flat.

Comment

Nothing would surprise me in the 15Bn, but 10minutes that is bull..... Spend the morning on the range sorting out the plates team. There not bad. 21 to 24 seconds

Comment

Another thing the run is closer to 3miles than 2.5. trust me I ran it (and drove it later to measure it later on)

Comment

3 miles? Then were doing well cos our tenth man crossed the line in 21 mins 20 secs. We had another day on the plates yesterday and our times were atrocious it was taking us 35-40 seconds to knock the plates. We found out later that they were 7.62mm plates and there nearly twice the weight of the 5.56

Comment

Alright everybody. Competition starts tomorrow morning. Been up all night ironing the creases in and out of my DPM's and have to say they look worse than when i started. Not to worry though we should give a good account of ourselves this year ( anything would be better than last year.) And the other teams better watch out in the grenade throw cos we have it won already.

C'mon the 14th!!!!

Comment

Ok it seems ill have to continue this thread by talking to myself. We (14th Bn) came first in the dress and drill competition with a score of 98/100 which was almost unbelievable and apparently is the highest score ever given at a PP Barry. We ran the march in 20mins 5 secs and as far as i know we came second. Winning team had a great time of 19 51, cant remember who it was though.

Comment

Ahem, Recheck the dress and drill result, you might find 99/100 along side the 13Bn. 11Bn have the 19.51. 3Cav are leading the plates. (All Army champs and all, would you expect anything less)
                            i have to admitt Ive seen some really dodgey teams around during the day, and Ive heard stories about two units in particular (I`ll say no more on that), all in al the greatest load of bull Ive seen in a while. The reuns in the plates for the 23 and 15 was bull as well, just cause they though they were different types of plates and the 15bn got 3 runs at it (1st time for them 71 sec, then a plate spun)
                            Bull****
                            thank the lord im not competing

Comment

Piss off, the 13th didnt get 99 did they!!!
                              Christ we'll never win that feckin cup, its not fair!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X