Oct 2009 An Cosantoir

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oct 2009 An Cosantoir

Good to see the Reserve gaining some coverage in the recent Cosantoir. It has been a while since we had anything worth talking about in that publication.

Nice to see that 31 Res CAV Sqn must be returning to their roots in the old Cyclist Squadrons. It seems that the unit has recently recruited some young cyclists, surely a coincedence and absolutely no connection to the recent CISM Cycling event !!!!

Originally posted by admin vortex View Post
    Nice to see that 31 Res CAV Sqn must be returning to their roots in the old Cyclist Squadrons. It seems that the unit has recently recruited some young cyclists, surely a coincedence and absolutely no connection to the recent CISM Cycling event !!!!
    And of course these were never brought in as civis from cycling clubs AFTER the recruitment embargo and just giving uniforms
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
      And of course these were never brought in as civis from cycling clubs AFTER the recruitment embargo and just giving uniforms
      never a true word spoken
      we lost 20 good recruits for these civis
      they got medicals, hearing and uniforms in a matter of week:(
      Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

Sure the same has been happening for years with orienteering.

Comment

They were sworn in before the embargo afaik however as stated they were "fast-tracked". Some of the other recruits who had been turning up since the previous October were fobbed off and eventually told they couldn't be sworn in as a result of the embargo

I wonder will these prima donnas parade for recruit training now
          Last edited by bunny shooter; 6 November 2009, 20:49.

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post

I wonder will these prima donnas parade for recruit training now
            no but i bet my strips that these guys will show up for next years event
            Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

Comment

There is the making of a good question in the Dail in this thread I think

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
                no but i bet my strips that these guys will show up for next years event
                Ya ! America I heard ?

After posting here we could both loose our stripes and definately kiss the next one goodbye too
                Last edited by bunny shooter; 6 November 2009, 23:08.

Comment

I had to get in touch with An Cosantoir for some reason, and they are crying out for articles about the reserve!

Comment

Ya ! America I heard ?

After posting here we could both loose our stripes and definately kiss the next one goodbye too
                    Not Really.
                    Its common knowledge I knew it before you just didn't post it,

Whether it was a directorate fron the powers that be to fast track them along or whether it was the CO just doing as he was told we'll never knos as even the CO of the unit would pull the publicity on the event,

Don't know what all the fuss was about any way, they were shite and the germans won it On 31 Cavs home track so nothing to get too excited about, plus the waste in RDF manhours setting up the event was disgrace full but a usual just the CO doing as he is told..wouldn't be a man to question orders, or even have an opinion of his own when it comes to such things.

Good unit for the size of it to be able to dig out in everything, problem has been the CO allowing the unit to be overtasked without having the people or traing to be able to the things they should be doing.
                    Last edited by hptmurphy; 6 November 2009, 23:21.
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
                      Ya ! America I heard ?

**** it!!!!
                      its only another strip

Comment

Murph, I am not willing to say anymore as tbh the whole thing along with a few other things which have come to light leaves a bad taste in my mouth and as stated I don't want to risk being paraded when I next parade as we all know we are not annoymous here :wink:

And I'd rather an honourable discharge when the end comes
                        Last edited by bunny shooter; 7 November 2009, 00:27.

Comment

somebody mentioned the emperors clothes
                          reminds me of the johnny Knoxville film "the ringer" except we were never going to win any medals
                          fast tracked in everything medical ,uniforms, swearing in , 31 cav were merely the administrative unit and were told what to do from on high ,
                          id love to know what the whole thing cost in terms of man days and euros ,
                          "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

at a minimum, 700 mandays for support alone. This being paid at mainly higher rates of pay for officers snco's
                            Last edited by ZULU; 7 November 2009, 11:36.
                            "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

And they got extensions for mandays (but these won't qualify for grat)

Comment

Working...
                              X