RDF Serving Over........rivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
    Well it is a claim from Luchi....so take it with a pinch of salt.
    Its not a claim, its simply an arguement that one could make based on the current situation. nothing more.

You say units have enough bodies to do what is required of them.
    But now they have an extra tasking.
    The flooding is not normal but there are plenty of bodies to cope with the extra demand.

Now correct me if I am wrong but is there not a recomendation to cut numbers or did I imagine the Board Snip thread?

But more importantly for me is the whole question if the df will not use the RDF at home then why would they use us over seas?
    Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post

Now correct me if I am wrong but is there not a recomendation to cut numbers or did I imagine the Board Snip thread?
      Yes, the plan is to lose those numbrs through natural wastage which is something we're well on the way to doing. Although, I reckon we're gonna lose a lot more than 500 and our manpower is gonna drop below the 10,000 mark. Unfortunately, going on from what I see in work it's the wrong people we're losing.

Having Units at a decent enough strength isn't a reason to cut even more numbers. That logic is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
        That logic is just ridiculous.
        I agree. As I said I am not one looking for cuts.
        I do think that the DF should have taken the opertunity to get some value from the RDF and then willie could go into the Dail and say how under manned the DF really is.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

the then FCA was used in the air india disaster at the then regional hospital and a fine job they did as well

Comment

Originally posted by Border Bunny View Post
            The last three drivers courses run in my unit all the places were filled by 'oldsweats'.
            None of them will ever do a cash, msg, stand too or go overseas.
            Its a waste of money and time and I have no idea why they were giving the course.
            There is no shortage of young Privates in the PDF wanting to do the drivers course and that will do dutys and go overseas.
            Most of the shortage of drivers is for Mowags with drivers being detailed for overseas but again there is not enough courses being run or the wrong people are getting them....
            That's an issue within your own unit - no point in whinging to us about it
            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Zulu just take it your not right all the time.You provide me with the figures since it was your sweeping statement out there first
              Last edited by holdfast; 22 November 2009, 11:04.

Comment

Firstly i'm in reserve & all for gettin extra jobs but if they call up the RDF then you know some will ask if they get paid for their time, then there's the already mentioned point of how many will show up if asked & job security. No point planning something around 20 showing up then only 10 do. Now your undermanned & will need PDF to supplement our numbers.

The PDF has enough personel to cover the floods easily & sure a if they were stuck for drivers they could just get them from another barracks..
                ''Too many chefs spoil the soup!!''
                Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

The rdf are not being called in due to the fact that there is enough PDF bodies sitting idle in barracks across the state. they all need to be given something useful to do.

also, if the reserves go in a do a job for free, youll have the old sweats whinging that theyre being marginalised for cheap labour.

let the PDF carry the sandbags. bout time they did and all

Comment

Things are getting pretty bad downstream of Lough Derg, I wouldn't be surprised if the local RDF units were called out to help.
                    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Originally posted by WilcoOut View Post

let the PDF carry the sandbags. bout time they did and all
                      Would you ever **** off.

You're acting as if you've spent your RDF career up to your eyeballs with work.

Comment

Most units wil only ask for volunteers to help if they are needed. They won't be calling up any units.
                        It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

hello alaska,

work? how dare you accuse me of work!

haha!

just funny seeing the lads shiftin sand bags in news clips, over and over and over again. true colours are out now!

Comment

Some RDF Units have RDF bods assisting the Regulars in the South. I believe members of IMO are involved.

Wait Out for more

Who's the sandbags now eh

Comment

Anyone see the possible RDF help on the news today? He was sporting a smock, addidas tracksuit bottoms, a baseball cap and driving a tractor.
                              Sir I cant find my peltors........Private they are on your face

Comment

Originally posted by spider pig View Post
                                Anyone see the possible RDF help on the news today? He was sporting a smock, addidas tracksuit bottoms, a baseball cap and driving a tractor.
                                I should have waved..

Comment

Working...
                                X