Sam Browne Belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Browne Belts

Whats the story with Reserve Officers not wearing Sam Brown belts?
    I have seen a few Reserve Sgt Maj & BQM wearing them.

Whats the offical word on this? any body know.

As far as I was aware Sam Browne belts Are only on issue tO the PDF so where did the come from....Okay you can buy them but I could hardly imagine them being worn cerimonially as they are not official issue.Seeing as the SMs are responsible for discipline this would be a direct contravention of their role.Next thing they'll want swords as well!
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

There is nothing in the regualtions to say that reservists can't wear sam browns, as far as i know. The policy is that you don't ask and nobody will say anything. If you ask you will be told no!!

Comment

You are right Terminator there is nothing in Regulations preventing the use of Sam Browne belts,any way who really gives a flying F**k cause we dont wear No 1's anymore.
        The Flashes are obsolete,lanyards,collor badges,and medal ribbons.

I believe the Glengarry should be issued to all RDF as No 1 head dress and Peak Caps for RSM,RQMS and Officers.

Comment

When you qualify to wear the Glengarry then you may....in the mean time stick with your Berets.........
          Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

you must be an officer and with that attitude I would be surprised if you are not

Comment

Be surpised my boy........the true wearers of the glengarry....Cavalry....actually I am but a mere corporal....not thick enough to be an officer

Comment

You still get plenty of salutes though...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

re : Sam Browne Belts.

It is laid down what FCA officers wear. i.e not the SB

It is not laid down what FCA BSM/BQMS wear apart from 'same as PDF'

this is the reason FCA BSM/BQMS wear the SB.
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

where did this info come from, have you any DFR's etc ?

Comment

I can't help it if I have a air of authority ..or if the gravel agitators can't figure out the difference between an infantry officers glengarry and a cavalry enlisted mans Glengarry....although It would be nice to think that it is the former

Comment

The two-fingered salutes don't count Goldie.
                        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The comment was made in reference to an incident on camp this year where the guard commander saluted me as I was going to sign out my weapons from the weapons stores in the security compound......what are you supposed to do when you see a guy with no visible rank markings .....( under my assault vest) a Glengarry.... a BAP in one hand and a Steyr in the other.......Saluting probably wasn't a bad option.....given it was afemale guard commander!

Comment

Because I'm bored I checked Kermit's coordinates.

45'24''N 5'82'' E puts him somewhere near Chambery in France.

Comment

I live at

53' 32'' N 6'26''W myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X