Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PT Leaders course

Hi Lads,

I might be interested in doing this course when it becomes available and was really just wondering if any one knows what the content of the course is? Has any one done it? I assume there is LOTS of running but what particular skills do you learn? Also what is the difference then with a ptl and a pti? I am refering to the rdf course not pdf.

Any help appreciated

RTB

The RDF course IS the PDF course. Courses have been advertised the last two years for the RDF. The content is basic physiology, diet and components of fitness, amongst others. Skills are more focussed at safely leading troops in PT, rather than just doing lots of running - mostly aimed at correct warm ups and appropriate distances/pace for the troops you are exercising.

The difference between a PTL and a PTI is about about 8 months! In between you also have to do a PTS course (PT Supervisor)

Basically:
    PTL - warm up, cool down and running in PT gear. 2 week full time course
    PTS - combat PT, circuit training and creation of training plans (not 100% on the last). PTL course plus 6 week full time course.
    PTI - PTL plus PTS plus 6 month course.
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Thanks for that mate, I diddnt realise it was the same course!
      It sounds like a good course, i think i will have to go for it if its available this year.
      Do you know what grade it requires in the fitness test?
      Cheers,
      RTB

Comment

PTL courses for the RDF have been running for 4 years as i did mine in 2006 in the west.

Comment

BTW, RelaxTheBody, the course IS now available for applications (the dates for the
          2010 course have been posted)
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Quis Separabit View Post
            PTL courses for the RDF have been running for 4 years as i did mine in 2006 in the west.

Originally posted by Rookie View Post
            14/7/05
            Two Instructors from E Bde Res BTC are presently on the course, which finishes today
            Many have completed the PTL cse over the last number of years. Wecome to the board. Please use the search function.
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Thanks All,
              Truck Driver you wouldnt happen to have the dates would you?
              Cheers,
              RTB

Comment

Try the 1 S Bde website or your unit!

Comment

Originally posted by RelaxTheBody View Post
                  Thanks All,
                  Truck Driver you wouldnt happen to have the dates would you?
                  Cheers,
                  RTB
                  As Dev says, the dates are on www.1bderdf.com
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Quis Separabit View Post
                    I feel we' ve met before.... hmm..... PM ?

Comment

Thanks for the help,
                      Any one else thinking of doing it?

RTB

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Vickers, on using the search function, i was simply mentioning to concussion that the course had been running for longer than the 2 years he mentioned in his post. Good to know the function is there tho, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post

Basically:
                          PTL - warm up, cool down and running in PT gear. 2 week full time course
                          PTS - combat PT, circuit training and creation of training plans (not 100% on the last). PTL course plus 6 week full time course.
                          PTI - PTL plus PTS plus 6 month course.
                          PTI's are the only ones allowed to conduct combat PT sessions.
                          Death before Dishonour.

Comment

I'm 99% sure we were told PTS could conduct Battle PT. Whether I mis-heard or was told incorrectly is something I can't guarantee though!
                            "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

No Battle PT is only in the PTI syllabus
                              I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

Working...
                              X