This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RM teaching in the Curragh.

Did anyone read the article in todays Irish News (page 11) about a Lt Col Mark Mc Kinney from the Royal Marines teaching in the UN School at the Curragh.

Cant provide a link
    Last edited by rod and serpent; 23 December 2009, 00:36.

yes mate it's here:

www - Royal Marine instructs in the Curragh

things have come a long way since 1922!

before you know it, we will be recruiting lads into the British Army on Irish Military forums
    Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 23 December 2009, 00:41.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by rod and serpent View Post
      Did anyone read the article in todays Irish News about a Lt Col Mark Mc Kinney from the Royal Marines teaching in the UN School at the Curragh.

Cant provide a link
      Its not uncommon for outside Officers to give lectures on there experiences in UNSTI.

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
        Its not uncommon for outside Officers to give lectures on there experiences in UNSTI.
        yeah - how dare you even mention it Rod!

not like this has happened in the past 87 years or anything!

it's a good thing and hopefully we will see a lot more of it in the future.
        Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 23 December 2009, 00:47.
        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
          yes mate it's here:

before you know it, we will be recruiting lads into the British Army on Irish Military forums

That`s the same story almost word for word.

Good drills that man

Comment

yes mate it's here:

your an awful small minded tit do you know that....

can you just come on and post without havin a go????

Why cant you be like the rest of the Brits round here, who just get on with discussion and keep the my cock is bigger than your cock, to its relevant thread????
            But there's no danger
            It's a professional career
            Though it could be arranged
            With just a word in Mr. Churchill's ear
            If you're out of luck you're out of work
            We could send you to johannesburg.

(Elvis Costello, Olivers Army)

Comment

Im sorry, I`ll go and stand in the naughty corner.

Comment

Take it easy Not just yet!
                "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

not like this has happened in the past 87 years or anything!

it's a good thing and hopefully we will see a lot more of it in the future.
                  Okay Okay ...! lol

Its the First RM to lecture

I'm delighted we are getting the vast experience of Lt Col Mark McKinney.

Comment

"I am immensely proud and humbled that a reservist was offered such a positive ground-breaking opportunity," he (Lt Col Mark Mc Kinney) said.
                    Nice to see that the DF (and PDF members here) appreciate a reservist (even though he is not one of their own).
                    Last edited by Vickers; 23 December 2009, 01:17. Reason: spelling
                    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Lt Col McKinney spent 17 years as a regular in the Royal Marines and completed five tours there.
                      It's also worthy of note that Royal Marine Reservists complete the exact same Commando tests that regular Royal Marines complete, and are held to the exact same standards at all stages.

Comment

So a royal is going to the curragh ? mmmmmmmmmm very dodgy lot , all that naval slang - going for a "wet" instead of a brew , going to the "head" for a slash, very strange .....but as hes from portrush and its a great night on the batter ill let it go this one time
                        Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          So a royal is going to the curragh ? mmmmmmmmmm very dodgy lot , all that naval slang - going for a "wet" instead of a brew , going to the "head" for a slash, very strange .....but as hes from portrush and its a great night on the batter ill let it go this one time
                          I can feel an episode of naked roll mat wrestling coming on.
                          Last edited by rod and serpent; 23 December 2009, 18:10.

Comment

ah yes , naked roll mat fighting , another fine booty tradition ........
                            Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

According to this months An Cosantoir there was a delegation from Georgia here to see how our reserves are organised, god help Georgia!

Comment

Working...
                              X