No announcement yet.

Irish army assault course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how much they paid the poor fecker on the ladder who took that picture of the volvo boat
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
      I wonder how much they paid the poor fecker on the ladder who took that picture of the volvo boat
      He/she was suspended from a sky hook
      "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
        is there a modern assault course in every brigade i know there was 1 in cork but dont know if its still in use
        The one on the video is a new one in the DFTC

Comment

Originally posted by madmark View Post
          is there a modern assault course in every brigade i know there was 1 in cork but dont know if its still in use
          Still there....ish.

Very cramped. Nothing near what it should be. Although - Kilworth is pretty near for a good session!!

What do you want ? A cigar?
          Had them in Rio. Lovely things they were.
          "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Didn't knw that houses came with hand holes for climbing!! Check it out in video
            Life's short, party naked :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad P View Post
              Didn't knw that houses came with hand holes for climbing!! Check it out in video
              yeah, its cause scumbags were suing cause they couldnt get up to the top windows in houses they want to rob without hurting themselves. bad the way society's gone
              I knew a simple soldier boy.....
              Who grinned at life in empty joy,
              Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
              And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
              With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
              He put a bullet through his brain.
              And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
              Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
              Sneak home and pray you'll never know
              The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Ballincollig was the supreme assault course when the river was taken into account...some real tears shed on that one.
                Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Just saw the video,.
                  Seems to be too clean , not enough mud, no water, no barbed wire a bit fisher price looking and too health and safety ish, can understand the compo fear and also when I think of home made assault courses that I saw years ago, death traps but probably more realistic than the current one.

Comment

given that most combat is in the urban environment and that nearly all components of any obstacle course usually simulate obstacles found nearly exclusively in built up areas the DFTC course is probably spot on, in a couple of months when it has a good build up of crisp packets and dutch mould cans it'll be 100%, we may find foreign armies wanting to send their troops here to experience our state of the art urban obstacle negotiation centre

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                      given that most combat is in the urban environment and that nearly all components of any obstacle course usually simulate obstacles found nearly exclusively in built up areas the DFTC course is probably spot on, in a couple of months when it has a good build up of crisp packets and dutch mould cans it'll be 100%, we may find foreign armies wanting to send their troops here to experience our state of the art urban obstacle negotiation centre
                      Have you ever sold second hand cars for a living

Comment

Working...
                      X