PNCO Course East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNCO Course East

Heard last night that the PNCO Course has been cancelled for this year.

Any further reports?
    I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
    Who is number 1?

Ohhh Yeah.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Out of interest had applications already been invited? or was it snuffed out before any potential candidates even got to apply

Comment

i heard some applications were put forward but that could just be rumors
        I knew a simple soldier boy.....
        Who grinned at life in empty joy,
        Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
        And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
        With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
        He put a bullet through his brain.
        And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
        Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
        Sneak home and pray you'll never know
        The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

in my unit, a 65, applications and interviews were done last november and nominations plus instructors sent thru in january. Pity now is the time to build up no's of nco's so when it comes to recruiting again we would have sufficient no's for a larger intake?
          up the middle with smoke

Comment

Nominations had been invited. The day it was cancelled the nominations from one of the bns were received.
            Last edited by Vickers; 3 February 2010, 21:34. Reason: grammar:and spelling of grammar: thanks Kermit
            "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Some of out PNCO's did medicals for the course immediately before the word went out.

Comment

Well to anyone who had gone for it this year, keep training and next year you'll fly through it

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                  I'm surprised at you! The spelling is Grammar.

(The reason for your edit!)
                  I out of 2 ain't bad
                  "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Not as far as we can make out.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

I think its quite simple.
                      There is a moritorium on promotions.
                      Usually after the PNCO crse people get their Cpl stripes.
                      There has never , AFIK, been a time when people did the course and then had to wait for a vacancy to arise.
                      In light of this a decision was taken.
                      I imagine the OC E Bde doesn't want 30 people completing the course and then have to deal with unit commanders cribbing that these people should be promoted since the are trained. Its much simplr to just don't let them do the course.

On the other hand it the BTCs were smart they would be looking to run an MOI course for 3* Ptes based on the PNCO syllabus.
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                        Heard last night that the PNCO Course has been cancelled for this year.

Any further reports?
                        i wonder if this ties in with what my mates PDF company were told on Monday about no more promotions for another 2 years aswell as the cut of 1000 men in the Irish DF?
                        RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                          i wonder if this ties in with what my mates PDF company were told on Monday about no more promotions for another 2 years aswell as the cut of 1000 men in the Irish DF?
                          I wonder if this is DF as in PDF + RDF ?

The McCarthy report recommended a cut of 500 in the established strength of the
                          PDF from 10,500 to 10,000

The DF has countered that it has already achieved this number by means of natural
                          wastage, medically discharged, etc etc
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                            ....On the other hand it the BTCs were smart they would be looking to run an MOI course for 3* Ptes based on the PNCO syllabus.
                            Only problem is that I' m almost certain that the syllabus for same requires
                            course students to be of least NCO rank

Good thinking though, Batman
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                              On the other hand it the BTCs were smart they would be looking to run an MOI course for 3* Ptes based on the PNCO syllabus.
                              And maybe run an "advanced" tactics course?

Comment

Working...
                              X