PNCO Course East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    IThe McCarthy report recommended a cut of 500 in the established strength of the
    PDF from 10,500 to 10,000

The DF has countered that it has already achieved this number by means of natural
    wastage, medically discharged, etc etc
    And in a much shorter time frame than recommended.... without implementing any of his recommendations (apart from overseas).

Comment

Is the cut of 500 envisaged as a temporary measure until full recruitment returns or is it here to stay?

Comment

The Minister "wants" to keep it above 10,500.

The strength has been chipped away at over a number of years, establishment is 11,500.

Comment

Thought it was 10,500 ?
          Last edited by DeV; 5 February 2010, 17:32.
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            Just double checked, it is 11,500
            Incorrect, the current establishment of the DF is 10,500, with 500 of those being in recruit or 3*star training
            CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

That is the authorised strength!

Comment

It recently dropped below 10000 for the PDF(all arms).

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  It recently dropped below 10000 for the PDF(all arms).
                  It dropped below 10000 last October, and has continued down at approx 1 per day since then. Thats why W. O'D is getting worried.
                  A lot of long service personnel are getting worried at the possible repercussions for their retirement gratuity and pension, if the cuts in pay are applied to these payments at the end of the year. As the year progresses the number of retirements is likely to rise, leaving a vacumn at the top.

Unfortunately these people are leaving without all the info, hopefully this will be available before the middle of the year and that will be the time for us to make our decisions
                  Last edited by REX; 5 February 2010, 00:26.
                  CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
                    Incorrect, the current establishment of the DF is 10,500, with 500 of those being in recruit or 3*star training
                    I didn't write that !!!! Dev editted my post so blame him !
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Apologies TD, I didn't mean to do that, I was trying to do my own post and must have hit edit instead of quote, very slow internet connection!

PM what you said in the post and I'll edit it back!

Comment

So does anyone know if the course is offically cancelled?

Does anyone know if this will have an effect of the Std NCO & Snr NCO courses this year?
                        I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                        Who is number 1?

Comment

No Std NCO course has been announced, so its fair to say it will not be announced at this stage.
                          What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                            Apologies TD, I didn't mean to do that, I was trying to do my own post and must have hit edit instead of quote, very slow internet connection!

PM what you said in the post and I'll edit it back!
                            I siad what is contained in the box - what's outside of the box is what you wrote....

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                              No Std NCO course has been announced, so its fair to say it will not be announced at this stage.
                              Interesting - you guys were slated to run it

Having said that, E Bde applications for last year's course were in that this stage last
                              year, the notification for the course hit shops near us before Xmas last year

So the fact that there' s been notification is strange, considering that dates were
                              announced for it... ?

CORRECTION:

Must have been the Senior NCO Course dates I spotted....
                              Last edited by Truck Driver; 5 February 2010, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prisoner View Post
                                So does anyone know if the course is offically cancelled?
                                Comfirmed officially in writing EBRDF PNCO Course is not happening in 2010

Does anyone know if this will have an effect of the Std NCO & Snr NCO courses this year?
                                There wasn't a Std NCO Course announced for 2010 AFAIK

No effect on SNCO Course AFAIK

Comment

Working...
                                X