Fixed, apologies again TD

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    Thought it was 10,500 ?
    Just double checked, establishment is 11,500

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
      There wasn't a Std NCO Course announced for 2010 AFAIK
      There wasn't??

I know at 2 people that have been told they are on it!!
      Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
        There wasn't??

I know at 2 people that have been told they are on it!!
        But those two people are STILL waiting on Joining Instructions, if you
        remember....

As I said, E Bde applications for the course, had to be with Bde,
        by about this time last year
        Last edited by Truck Driver; 6 February 2010, 07:09.
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

IIRC there is a std course.
          "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

The 1 SBdeRDF website has the following courses up:

RDF Inf YOs' Cse
            RDF Sen NCOs' Cse
            RDF Coy Comd Seminar
            RDF Logs Admin Cse
            RDF Leadership Sem
            BTC's seminar
            PT Leaders Cse

Comment

Well I think that the cancellation of the PNCO course in the East this year, as bad as it is, has been handled a lot more amicably than it was last year.

What with people having begun the course, then half way through to find out that they wouldn't be promoted when they completed the course. Fair play to those people that did tough it out when they got the bad news.
              And in due course they are now corporals.

(not 100% certain of the facts there, but it goes something along those lines)

Whereas this year, to avoid any bad blood the course has been cancelled outright from the off. So no repeat of the shambles that was associated with the course last year.
              Which is proper order in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                What with people having begun the course, then half way through to find out that they wouldn't be promoted when they completed the course. Fair play to those people that did tough it out when they got the bad news.
                Perhaps in the RDF, but in the Pdf those who were 10 weeks into the course when the promotion embargo was announced are still unpromoted 10 months later. Whats worse they are being used in what would be NCO jobs, without any actual authority.
                CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                  Well I think that the cancellation of the PNCO course in the East this year, as bad as it is, has been handled a lot more amicably than it was last year.

(not 100% certain of the facts there, but it goes something along those lines)

Whereas this year, to avoid any bad blood the course has been cancelled outright from the off. So no repeat of the shambles that was associated with the course last year.
                  Which is proper order in my opinion.
                  In fairness it wasn't the DF's fault last year

Comment

Perhaps in the RDF, but in the Pdf those who were 10 weeks into the course when the promotion embargo was announced

I thought the only reason we were allowed promote those lads to cpl was that the PDF had also been allowed ?
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

but there is a senior nco's for all us oldies out there
                      :confused: ONCE YOU HAVE THEM BY THE BALLS , THEN YOU CAN WIN THEIR HEARTS AND MINDS ! :

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                        The 1 SBdeRDF website has the following courses up:

RDF Inf YOs' Cse
                        RDF Sen NCOs' Cse
                        RDF Coy Comd Seminar
                        RDF Logs Admin Cse
                        RDF Leadership Sem
                        BTC's seminar
                        PT Leaders Cse
                        There is a pots course being run in Sbde this year also.
                        Last edited by smegers; 7 February 2010, 05:49.

Comment

Have to agree that the cancellation of the PNCO course this year, bad as it is, has been handled a lot better than it was last year.

To the point of holding the MOI block, I wouldn't see that as a good idea.
                          The reason I would think it a bad idea is because you would have people going on a week long course to learn to lecture, but then when they come off it they have no use for it.

Whereby, keeping it to the structure of doing the PNCO course in its full entirety, there is an incentive to complete it.

Comment

Now that the Std Cse got the chop what's the odds on a hat trick? (Snr Cse for the chop)
                            I'm not a number, I'm a free man.
                            Who is number 1?

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                              The Std NCO course was never on to get the chop.
                              The Sen NCO course will not be getting chops, or steaks for that matter.
                              Very strange.

But what is going on?

People were told there would be no PNCO crse but in fact there was to be one but it got canned.
                              Other people were told there would br a Std NCO crse but you say ther never was one planned.
                              3 or 4 of our unit were told they would be going on Snr NCO crse but now that number has been reduced.
                              An MT instructors course was started last October, a weekend in Jan cancelled due to Snow but now it appears the crse is forgotten about.
                              Other LSB driving courses in EBde cancelled.
                              Cav also having difficulty securing driving courses.

Whats next?
                              Are the corps units being shut down by strangling training?
                              Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Originally posted by luchi View Post
                                3 or 4 of our unit were told they would be going on Snr NCO crse but now that number has been reduced.
                                Unit or Coy, if I remember rightly there aren't 4 SNCOs on establishment of a Tpt Coy?!

Also remember very rarely are units allocated places on a course.
                                The brigade is allocate so many places and it is Bde HQ who decides who gets the places (subject to the nominations they receive).

Comment

Working...
                                X