Garda Probe after Soldier Shot Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garda Probe after Soldier Shot Dead

GARDAI were last night investigating a shooting incident in which a man was fatally injured at an army post in Co Donegal.

The soldier, who has not yet been named, was shot in the incident at Rockhill army barracks in Letterkenny at 2.30pm yesterday.

Comdt Brian Cleary confirmed a member of the force had been fatally injured at the barracks, adding that an investigation was under way.

R.I.P

May he Rest In Peace, my sympathies to the Family
    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Likewise a good soldier he was, from any experience i had with him,
      May he rest in peace

Comment

Does anyone know what happened?

R.I.P.
        Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

At this early date TIM, it'd be inappropriate for speculation here.

All will be worked out by DF /Gardai/Coroner in due course, but this is neither the time nor the place for guessing as to causes.

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

May He rest in peace and may he go to GOD.

Comment

Why the Gardai? Would it not be a case for the PAs? Or do they not have an investigative division?

NTM
                Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

The PA's would be unable to investigate whether the bar in the mess is still open so surely you cannot expect them to investigate anything that might actually be serious in nature!! They are just about able to open and close the barracks gate and they can't even do that without giving a little hassle to people they know very well have every right to enter or leave the barracks. Altogether....repeat after me USELESS!!

Comment

CT, civil law takes precedence over military law. Where a case has civil law implications the gardai will investigate, assisted by the military police (who will look for breaches in military law where there is no civil equivalent)

Comment

It dosen't really matter who investigates as long as the investigation is thourough, legal and clears up whatever is behind this tragic incident.

My sympathies to the family of the dead man.

IAS

Comment

May god bless him and take him
                        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

R.I.P

Comment

R.I.P
                            Pussyand Gunsmoke.......live by one, die by the other, and love the smell of both in the morning!!

Comment

Working...
                            X