A quick question about No.1's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
    I think you mean twenty different berets - of different shades of green !!!
    Wasn't that a Dustin song?
    I knew a simple soldier boy.....
    Who grinned at life in empty joy,
    Slept soundly through the lonesome dark,
    And whistled early with the lark.

In winter trenches, cowed and glum,
    With crumps and lice and lack of rum,
    He put a bullet through his brain.
    And no one spoke of him again.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
    Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
    Sneak home and pray you'll never know
    The hell where youth and laughter go.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
      Have heard a couple of rumours that peakers are to be introduced to the RDF !
      Well that has being doing the rounds for some time. Uniformity is one thing but there are plenty of other niss matched uniform parts. My smock is a different colour to my trousers. They were issued together and have always been different colours.

Not sure what a west life jacket is but I agree that there are other things needed.

In the last year I have only worn dress uniform once. I could do with a new pair of boots more than a fancy hat!!!!.

Comment

Are peakers individual issue? Why not just have a pool on issue in each barracks or do the health and safety brigade say none to multi heading hats?

Comment

Peakers are personal issue, Pooled issue could work after all they cant be worse than the pool issue white parade gloves produced for the weekend! Most were a browny grey colour and some had any amount of moth and wear holes!!

Of course the issue of a black beret with or without green patch would sort the shades of green issue! All that would be left would be the shape issue! I did notice some of the more unusual styles of beret were sported by students from the eastern PNCO course! I thought these would display uniformity!
          Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

shades of green would be replaced with shades of black, n

Comment

Working...
            X