"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by bunny shooter View Post
      Just heard that GRAT is to be cut to €60 per person per year

This was mentioned at some conference ?

Anyone know more ?

And, yes, I know about army rumours
      It would be the final blow to the RDF.
      What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

60? if thats true it doesnt even come close to covering bus fare to parade every week, you probably spend more money on boot polish and electricity from using your iron to sort your kit than 60 quid in a year. It'd be less offensive to suspend payment for a year or two than reduce it to a figure they feel represents how valuable a reservist is

Comment

I've heard nothing. It is just a rumour

Comment

It was €106 for a private in 2003 !!!

Can't see it being correct

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              I've heard nothing. It is just a rumour
              TBH it's 2nd hand info but I know the original source and the lad who told me and they are not the kind of lads to bullshite.

They both reckon they're off if this goes through and tbh I can't see me hanging around either the way things are gone as someone else said it will definately be the death knell of the RDF

Comment

Its bullshit

Comment

Hopefully

Comment

Quick question about ARP's with regard to gratuity - which weapon must NCO's fire in order to be eligible? Is it rifle for Cpl.'s and Sgt.'s and USP for SNCO's or does either suffice?
                    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

Comment

Weapon for their rank in all cases as far as I know it is Steyr

Comment

steyr for all up to corporal, pistol/steyr on alternate years from sgt up.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
                          Weapon for their rank in all cases as far as I know it is Steyr
                          Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                          steyr for all up to corporal, pistol/steyr on alternate years from sgt up.
                          Here's two different versions above, confusion reigns

I' ve heard the same as Dev, I have to say.

i.e; that unless you are qualified in the rifle each year, then you do not qualify
                          for grat

A Cadre CQMS from W Bde said this to a number of us a while ago
                          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by kermit
                            The personal weapon for all ranks up to Lt Colonel is the Steyr. The USP may be fired in alternate years by those who require them to carry out their duties.
                            So the days of firing both in the same year are gone, then ?
                            "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Is the cutting of the grat realy going to be the end of the RDF???? Its not like people depend on the grat as a salary and its a volunteer organisation. I know its nice to get a bit of extra money but the whole point of the RDF is for people to volunteer the help protect the State....

Comment

Working...
                              X