Krav Maga? Martial Art Used By IDF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Krav Maga? Martial Art Used By IDF?

Hi i have heard of a type of Martial Art known as Krav Maga being thought to members of the Defence Forces according to their Irish Website its a military orientated martial art thought to amongst others members of the Irish and Israili (sorry about the spelling) Defence Forces ! Has anyone heard of or even studied it? They have recently begun training in Dundalk Co Louth (Civilian) and I was interested in it but thought id check with IMO to see if anyone had any info on it Before I went any further!!!

Many Thanks Lads and lassies

Celtic-Warrior
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Linky no worky

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
        Hi i have heard of a type of Martial Art known as Krav Maga being thought to members of the Defence Forces according to their Irish Website its a military orientated martial art thought to amongst others members of the Irish and Israili (sorry about the spelling) Defence Forces ! Has anyone heard of or even studied it? They have recently begun training in Dundalk Co Louth (Civilian) and I was interested in it but thought id check with IMO to see if anyone had any info on it Before I went any further!!!

Many Thanks Lads and lassies

Celtic-Warrior
        The throws are from Ju Jutsu, alot of the punches, elbow strikes shotokan karate. All systems are good as your training in a discpline. It looks over complicated. Those moves never work in mixed marial arts or on the cobbles. Keep it simple, head, knees, elbows.
        ..Lenny Maclean king of street fighters.

Heres a much simplier way to fight. 2mins 20, get your revenge in first. Out of the game.

Great interview with the Governor, worth watching.
        Last edited by Vanguard; 11 March 2010, 23:33.

Comment

You can see Krav Maga in that show Human weapon on youtube, its the show from History channel with the puff and the ex american footballer, its not a bad one at all, their episode on MCMAP was class

Comment

Originally posted by terrier View Post
            Linky no worky
            Use the search function...

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

It probably is used by the IDF.The ISRAELI DEFENCE FORCES!It is theirs after all.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Link

that is all
                Blog

WHAT FLIES DIES

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Use the search function...
                  17 posts versus your 23,000 odd posts....

Was that suggestion ever carried through, the one where all new board members
                  will be directed to a location where they can read the
                  DO's/DO NOT's/use of the Search Function, etc ?
                  Last edited by Truck Driver; 12 March 2010, 19:03.
                  "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

I have taken part in some Krav Maga training in work.

It's a good system, very practical.

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                      I have taken part in some Krav Maga training in work.

It's a good system, very practical.

Firstly if a soldier has to resort to unarmed combat, hes most likely out of the game.

Practical ? I have never seen it used by any door men or on the pavement, its over complicated. Dont dispute some elements are useful though, especially the simpler strikes and basic ju jitsu and groundwork.

You try those fancy moves on someone bigger and stronger, even semi skilled on the pavement and you will get your ass handed to you.

Comment

Vanguard, did you not say you teach jeet kun do? thats definitely further up the complicated scale

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                          Vanguard, did you not say you teach jeet kun do? thats definitely further up the complicated scale
                          No, its the most flexible martial art, not rigid at all, you adapt it to the scenario, as a simple close quaters fighting system, its awsome, in terms of blocking/punches attacks. Once again keep it simple. You can pick up the basics of Jeet Kun do in weeks.

Lots of videos on you tube of people winning on the streets in real life fights with it from bouncers to ordinary kids against bigger attackers, dont see any Krav maga videos though.
                          Last edited by Vanguard; 12 March 2010, 18:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                            Firstly if a soldier has to resort to unarmed combat, hes most likely out of the game.

Practical ? I have never seen it used by any door men or on the pavement, its over complicated. Dont dispute some elements are useful though, especially the simpler strikes and basic ju jitsu and groundwork.

You try those fancy moves on someone bigger and stronger, even semi skilled on the pavement and you will get your ass handed to you.
                            I'm an Unarmed Combat Instructor and the techniques we use are basic soldier proof techniques for that very reason..

Krav maga has been sneaking into instruction but they are basic strikes and take downs..

Comment

Originally posted by Craghopper View Post
                              I'm an Unarmed Combat Instructor and the techniques we use are basic soldier proof techniques for that very reason..

Krav maga has been sneaking into instruction but they are basic strikes and take downs..
                              What kind of stuff do you teach ?

Dont rate the Royal marine unarmed combat stuff either, nothing like real life.

Comment

Working...
                              X