Who will be the New Minister ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the New Minister ?

Should really be in General or Politics, but since he/she will be in charge of An Roinn

Any Guesses ?

Will it Be A Newbie [ at Cabinet ? ]

Tony Killeen, giving Ennis a chance for once perhaps ?

or will it be given to someone who just can't hack really politically important cabinet posts

{ no poll as too many options to list }
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Profile / Portfolio
    Mr. Tony Killeen was appointed Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, with special responsibility for Forestry, Fisheries and the Marine in April 2009.
    Personal Details

Born in Clare, June 1952 and married to Lily O'Keeffe. They have five sons.
    Educated at St. Flannans College, Ennis, Co. Clare and Mary Immaculate College, Limerick.
    Full time Public Representative, former Teacher.
    First elected 1992.
    Political Record

Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, with special responsibility for Forestry, Fisheries and the Marine (April 2009 -)
    Minister of State at the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, with special responsibility for Forestry and Fisheries (April 2008-April 2009)
    Minister of State at the Department of Communications, Energy and Natural Resources and the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government (June 2007-May 2008)
    Minister of State at the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment - Minister for Labour Affairs (Nov 2004-June 2007)
    Chairman of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Science 2002 - 2004.
    Member Committee on Procedure and Privileges.
    Former Chair of the Oireachtas Committee on Members' Interests in Dáil Éireann.
    Member of the British-Irish Parliamentary Body.
    Member of Clare County Council 1985 - 1997 (Chairman 1989 - 1991, Vice-Chairman 1987 - 89).
    Chairman Co. Clare VEC (1991 - 1994).
    Former National Chairman of Fianna Fáil Councillors Association. Former member of Management Boards of Killaloe and Shannon Community Schools and Limerick R.T.C.
    Founder member Shannon Status Committee and Chairman 1989 - 1991.

Is every TD a teacher or Solicitor/Barrister or what?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

This has been covered from post 33 on here:

"Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Wouldn't it make sence to giver the job to someone from Kildare and save money on the travel???

However seeing how weak FF and GP are in Dublin south it would not surprise me if the new minister hails from those parts in an attempt to gain support for future elections. You know the 'it's good to have a minister in the area thingy'
        Last edited by luchi; 23 March 2010, 09:54.
        Without supplies no army is brave.

—Frederick the Great,

Instructions to his Generals, 1747

Comment

Am I good or what

Comment

The Minister for the Mid-West..... sorry Defence

Comment

He used to have a moustache too....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                giving Ennis a chance for once perhaps ?
                What does that mean?
                Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

TK is a TD for Ennis. He is one tall guy. Strangely google images for Tony Killeen puts up some weird pictures.

I worked for the man in a Govt. Department a while ago, he seemed to know his stuff.

Comment

Am I the only one not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about having a minister with form for lobbying on behalf of a convicted child rapist & a dissident republican bomb maker?

And before anyone tries to tell me that he didn't see or sign the requests as Minister Killeen claimed when the requests came to light, the requests were made by his staff, in his name, therefore he is either responsible or grossly incompetent.

Blunt I know, but as a public representative a minister should be held to the highest standard IMO

Comment

Working...
                    X