Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Outside recognition of DF courses

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Can someone be in the PDF/RDF and civil defence at the same time?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
      Can someone be in the PDF/RDF and civil defence at the same time?
      i think this topic was flogged to death on here before mate - i'm sure someone here will point you in the right direction.
      RGJ

      ...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

      The Rifles

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by riflemangundy View Post
        Can someone be in the PDF/RDF and civil defence at the same time?
        AFAIK - no
        "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

        Comment


        • #19
          It's not unheard of though, not sure how to pull it off, but I know of one person that was PDF and CD at the same time

          Comment


          • #20
            on the topic of "Outside recognition of DF courses" - it's good to see that the British Army are in some cases letting lads who have recently been discharged from the Irish DF and apply to join the British Army to skip Phase 1 of basic training and join direct into Phase 2 - in recognition of the individuals service / courses completed in the Irish DF.

            MOD: Warning - do not make this another recruiting for the BA thread!
            RoyalGreenJacket
            Commander in Chief
            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 25 March 2010, 23:10.
            RGJ

            ...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

            The Rifles

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              on the topic of "Outside recognition of DF courses" - it's good to see that the British Army are in some cases letting lads who have recently been discharged from the Irish DF and apply to join the British Army to skip Phase 1 of basic training and join direct into Phase 2 - in recognition of the individuals service / courses completed in the Irish DF.

              MOD: Warning - do not make this another recruiting for the BA thread!
              What about civvie medics with DF experience??
              Go Mairidís Beo

              Comment


              • #22
                MOD: Warning - do not make this another recruiting for the BA thread!

                it was actually a well earned appreciation of service within the Irish DF.

                i take it the appreciation is not appreciated then.
                RoyalGreenJacket
                Commander in Chief
                Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 25 March 2010, 23:12.
                RGJ

                ...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

                The Rifles

                Comment


                • #23
                  Rex please explain the cough/cough what is wrong with waht Luchi said ?
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                  "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by trellheim View Post
                    Rex please explain the cough/cough what is wrong with waht Luchi said ?
                    Am also a wee bit curious, as we have been told that we cannot do repairs to the vehicles,
                    that the vehicles have to be "snagged" for the Workshops

                    Maybe they are more enlightened in W Bde, that is no bad thing if so....

                    If that WAS the case, we have AT LEAST one civvy qual'd HVM in the unit I can think of, who
                    would be kept busier than he currently is....
                    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      REX I was actually refering to an incident that actually happened which I have posted about previously.

                      The WS in McKee refused to give us the side light bulbs as one of us would need to be a DF fitter in order to change them.

                      We went to CBB tech stores, borrowed a screwdriver from 62 CIS and did it ourselves.

                      We currently have 2 trucls off the road, and have been for 2 weeks, because they need dash board light bulbs. Bucause trhe vehicles were snagged and are in the system we cannot get them back and do it ourselves.

                      I would bet where REX is this sh1t does not happen but also it wouldn't happen if it was a vehicle needed by a PDF unit.

                      BTW we can no longer fill our vehicles in McKee bks in the evenings as the OS has been instructed to do "essential fills only"
                      Without supplies no army is brave.

                      —Frederick the Great,

                      Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I don't think Rex is a million miles away from us, tbh. Usual comms problem.
                        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

                        "No, they're trying to fly the tank"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Last I knew he was WBde.
                          Without supplies no army is brave.

                          —Frederick the Great,

                          Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Traumagod View Post
                            What about civvie medics with DF experience??
                            i honestly don't know Traumagog - but i'm sure your civvie med skills along with military experience would be greatly appreciated and put to good use where needed most.

                            depending on your service with the Irish DF and the quals you had - you might end up doing the full RAMC training - Rod and Serpent would know better - he was a combat medic in Afghan and should be able to give you more info as to what med skills are recognised or not.
                            RoyalGreenJacket
                            Commander in Chief
                            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 26 March 2010, 12:55.
                            RGJ

                            ...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

                            The Rifles

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                              i honestly don't know Traumagog - but i'm sure your civvie med skills along with military experience would be greatly appreciated and put to good use where needed most.

                              depending on your service with the Irish DF and the quals you had - you might end up doing the full RAMC training - Rod and Serpent would know better - he was a combat medic in Afghan and should be able to give you more info as to what med skills are recognised or not.
                              Cheers RGJ, thanks for the reply.
                              Go Mairidís Beo

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DeV View Post
                                He must be a FETAC instructor, question is - has the instructor passed the DF manual handling instructors course?
                                He is and AFIK he has.

                                Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                                The recognition comes from the course content, and not where it is awarded.
                                Thats how it should be.
                                However the recognition of the course depends on the availability of the syllabus and the issuing of an academic transcript showing the standard achieved.
                                Since the course syllibi in general are not in the public domain and the DF don't issue academic transcripts recognition is difficult if not impossible.
                                Without supplies no army is brave.

                                —Frederick the Great,

                                Instructions to his Generals, 1747

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X